Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • is it possible to exist without an MTB?
  • geordiemick00
    Free Member

I’ve gone through a four year fleet of MTB’s, started off with a Spsh FSR XC, then bought a Cube Stereo 26″ FS, then added a Niner Air 9 29er HT, then added an Inbred Single speed, then sold the Cube and replaced it with a Trek Rumblefish 2, then sold that and bought and quickly sold Cube Peleton Road bike then sold the inbred, then the inner and then bought a Lapierre 714…. Then sold that, all in 2 years!

Then 2 year ago I found myself on a Genesis Fortitude Race 29er Rigid, which suited my riding perfectly, except being a race geometry it only makes sense when you’ve got your back into it and isn’t too comfortable for slow rides with the wife or daughter. Then recently I added a Whyte CX Bike, added X king skinny tyres and now the Genesis is sidelined.

My life is hectic, I’m running two business and riding just doesn’t figure as much as it did. I’m ploughing shed loads into my ventures and the money from selling it could come in handy.

The CX bike is comfy, goes most places I’d take my rigid and is a good road bike too.

Question is, will I regret it if I sell her? She’s been a great bike and always said she was a keeper, but I feel guilty for keeping it when I’m throwing thousands at my businesses. I’m the sort who sell things if they don’t get used.

Keep or sell?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Question is, will I regret it if I sell her? She’s been a great bike and always said she was a keeper,

First things first, bikes have no gender and the only keeper is the next one.

If you don’t ride it then why keep it, many people exist without mountian bikes, they are not mountain bikers. So if your not doing it then move along and enjoy what you are doing.

Jamie
    Free Member

Question is, will I regret it if I sell her? She’s been a great bike and always said she was a keeper

Sounds like you have been riding this bike, rather than riding it.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Sell.

Personally, I wouldn’t know what to do with myself if I wasn’t riding something, but having one bike I’m riding loads is better than having loads of bikes I rode once.

🙂

toronte
    Free Member

I think I don’t even need a single bike, though currently I own 3.
    A 26″ 160mm full susser, 26″ XC HT, a road bike.
    I could do with a single test bike each week. There are just so many options I would be glad to try some of them. I should have been a journalist.

discoduck
    Free Member

If you’re not the sort to get rid and not keep hold of things then you have probably just answered your own question.

If it were me and as you are asking for advice I would keep 1 bike, the one that made me ride it the most be that road or trail, I’d sell the rest and if when you decide that you want to come back to it you won’t have a quandary in which to ride.

ska-49
    Free Member

I sold my road bike for a CX bike so that I could ride long distances that may include some rough sections not suitable for a road bike. I found that the CX bike can do everything the 29er can do! I was so surprised at how good it is off-road. It beats me up a bit more and the descents are more technical but overall I think it’s more fun. I’m not even sure why I have the 29er any more. It doesn’t get ridden. Think I’ll just SS it for winter.

Might be an idea to keep the CX and then just use the other bike for winter?

martinh
    Free Member

I’m not even sure why I have the 29er any more.

So, explain the Stooge

curiousyellow
    Free Member

To Exist? Yes.

to Live? No.

matther01
    Free Member

Noooooooo

ska-49
    Free Member

So, explain the Stooge

That’s a rigid SS with some grippy tyres for winter. Zero maintenance bike. Very different to my Chumba with gears and sus.

dirtydog
    Free Member

Yes of course it is.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘is it possible to exist without an MTB?’ is closed to new replies.