Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Is it possible to buy MS Outlook without having to buy the MS Office package?
  • Zedsdead
    Free Member

Sorry – I posted in the wrong forum

see here

uplink
    Free Member

yeah – but it's daft money – £100+

Zedsdead
    Free Member

even just for the email bit? All I want to do is receive and send emails.

Okay then – what would be a good alternative?

Shakey
    Free Member

£73 here

uplink
    Free Member

Okay then – what would be a good alternative?

Mozila Thunderbird?

TBH – I'd just download a copy of Office

Flaperon

Which version do you need? Microsoft used to bundle a free copy of Outlook 2003 (IIRC) with Windows Mobile devices – might be worth asking around. (I have about 3 copies at home on CD, but unfortunately I'm stuck at Gatwick for the next six weeks!

leffeboy

Any reason not to use Windows Live Mail which is also free? Ok, it's a MS product but the one winning thing it has over Thunderbird is that it links into the Windows search. Hit the Windows key, type what you are looking for and it finds it quickly. Not quite Outlook and won't work with Exchange server (I think) but otherwise easily good enough

mossimus
    Free Member

You could download the office 2010 beta from MS that would keep you going for a few months

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Get a friend who works for the NHS to download it from NHS Discounts. It's only about £12 or something for the latest MS Office. You need a NHS email address to make it work though.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Apologies if this has been mentioned.

Zedsded – Go here below. Dirt cheap. Academic pricing for Windows and also Office. I presume you have nephews, erm sorry children of your own in full time education? You'll get the full Office suite for the price of Outlook on the high street.

Home

Zedsdead
    Free Member

thanks for that link there rumble. I'm actually doing my degree on day release so should qualify.

Cheers

Crell
    Free Member

Unless you need outlook for integration with the Microsoft suite / use with exchange, I would go for Thunderbird. It's free and works great! Otherwise most new windows phones come with a 30 day trial of outlook 2007. No idea what the full licence cost is though. I have a DVD with the Outlook 2007 trial (assuming it's not in the bin) you can have if you mail me.

woody2000

If it's simple email stuff you're after, what's up with Outlook Express? One less thing to install, assuming it's still part of Windows obviously!

Zedsdead
    Free Member

yes, just simple email stuff.

I completely forgot about outlook express! What a plum!

Thanks

leffeboy

I don't think Express exists any more – I think it has turned into Windows Live mail now

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Yep, I now have found it and have it running.

Many thanks people.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Is it possible to buy MS Outlook without having to buy the MS Office package?’ is closed to new replies.