Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • is it possible to buy just a specialized frame ?
  • emkay
    Free Member

rather than the whole bike ?

I’ve got my eye on a Sirrus 2015 hybrid for the spring either carbon or E5 aluminium, but I probably have enough spare bits to build up a frame.

Is it possible to buy Specialized frames on their own ? I can’t find anything using my google powers 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Usually only the s-works versions, you might get lucky if you keep an eye out at the end of the season as they sell off surplus warranty replacement frames etc, but you’d have to know where they were going to be as they seem to end up in different LBS’s at random, guess its just who has a cash surplus to buy up frames when the rep has them in the autumn.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

try LBS if they are Spesh retailer, they can probably sourced one out for you

acehtn
    Free Member

Try a specialized concept store, they do custom builds, several shops around the UK and more direct link than local shops.

In the past Spesh have been picky about what they sold in the UK and frame only options or colourways available in other countries had to be a long wait custom order via a LBS or a direct import from a USA or Euro shop that would ship to UK.

tpbiker
    Free Member

bikescene sell frames. I bought my enduro from there

tpbiker
    Free Member

not particularly cheap

Why does it have to be a spesh?

edit…sorry just realised you specifically wanted a sirrus

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

There is a shop down Southampton way that just sells frames. They seem to be a Specialized dealer. The frames all seem to have a mark or two on. I think they must be shop bikes that have picked up some marks. I presumed they strip them and sell the bikes as parts. They seem to sell via eBay. I got my Sirrus aluminium off them a couple of years ago. Only £125 for frame and carbon fork! Sorry but I cannot remember the name of the shop.

I should add that I was really disappointed with the Sirrus. The frame felt dead and the geometry was awful. It was a really granny bike riding position. If that’s what you want then you may like. But I suggest test riding one first.

emkay
    Free Member

cheers! plenty to follow up there thanks 🙂

I had a Sirrus and sold it to buy my Venge and have been regretting it ever since

I like that the Sirrus 2015 frame they have made less ‘roadie’

Sundayjumper

…guess its just who has a cash surplus to buy up frames when the rep has them in the autumn.

More a case of who has a special relationship with Spesh. Do not underestimate the amount of blatent favoritism and mutual back-scratching that goes on in the bike trade 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘is it possible to buy just a specialized frame ?’ is closed to new replies.