Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • is it possible to buy a high street laptop pc to play skyrim for under £500?
  • racefaceec90

am planning on saving up for a new pc (my current one is over 12 years old),but do not want to spend a lot if possible.as i cannot order online (no credit card).i really want to be able to play skyrim/oblivion on it (as well as play my guitar through it/surf the web e.t.c).
    what do you knowledgeable pc folk recommend? p.s would consider a desktop also.thanks in advance 🙂

Duffer
    Free Member

Laptop? no. PC? easy.

xiphon
    Free Member

You could – but most likely on the lowest possible graphic settings.

How about building up a PC for £500? Everything but the case + disks on mine is second hand – cost well UNDER £500.

Spec’s not too bad either (C2Q, 4GB, GTX 260 896MB, 10k raptor, 2TB disk.).

I don’t know how demanding Skyrim is, but mine played all the Assassins Creeds at top quality (which is all I really wanted!)

B_Leach
    Free Member

Make sure you avoid the laptops without dedicated graphics cards, if you see Graphics Type : Shared, steer clear!

After an afternoon of searching for one for my brother (who had the exact same criteria, i.e. a dedicated 1Gb graphics card), we only found one fitting your description. It was on tesco’s website, but I’ll be damned if I go looking for it again!

Hope that at least helps.

passtherizla
    Free Member

cheap second hand xbox is £60 on amazon, just buy one of them and no faffing needed… then you can buy a cheap laptop?

Gribs

The xbox/laptop idea is probably the best bet as you may find a £500 laptop just able to play Skyrim but it won’t be much fun. Depending on what you can use from your old pc then a £500 desktop should be easily doable.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘is it possible to buy a high street laptop pc to play skyrim for under £500?’ is closed to new replies.