Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Is it possible to bleed Hayes Stroker Rydes with an Avid bleed kit?
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

I need to bleed my brothers Hayes but neither of us have a Hayes bleed kit. I have the Avid bleed kit for my Elixirs and wondered if I could bleed the Hayes with it. The Hayes look like they have similar bleed points to the Avids. I would just use the standard Avid bleed procedure unless anybody has any better ideas.

I dont want to knacker the Hayes by just giving it a go and not knowing for sure if the Avid adaptors will fit.

Thanks.

BoardinBob

You don’t screw the syringes into the caliper on the Strokers. You put the end of the hose attached to the fluid bottle over the bleed nipple and open it up with a ring spanner. You’d have to cut the hoses attached to the syrings on the juicy bleed kit.

if you fancy doing that then you have to work out if the fittings for the lever end are the same on both types.

However, given how much of a pain it is trying to bleed strokers, forget about cannibalising bleed kits and take it to the nearest LBS

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Is it possible to bleed Hayes Stroker Rydes with an Avid bleed kit?’ is closed to new replies.