Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • is it play? or is it lose?
  • chris_mbuk
    Free Member

ive got a cannondale prophet 2 with an rp23 shock, when i lift the frame from the middle at the top slightly i can feel a bit of play or looseness? it seems like its coming from the bolt that holds the shock to the frame but im not sure? anyone had this problem, the bolts are tight and i dont want to thread it, how can i solve this thx

geoffj

worn bush?

mudmonster
    Free Member

worn bushing 2nd'ed

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

yeh you could be right, ive just had a feel and it definatly seems to be lose in that exact area, easy to replace?

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

watch this video, this is my exact problem listen to the noise

stevomcd
    Free Member

Easy to replace the bush and it only costs pennies. However, you'll probably want to replace the reducers and bolt at the same time, which'll cost you about £15. Plus the tool which makes replacing the bush easy costs about £20!

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

ah right cant u just use alan key? never done this before lol

Del

nope – needs to be pushed out. you can do it fairly easily if you have a vice and can be creative with sockets etc. you can probably just change the bush. shock needs to be removed from bike. likely the bottom one that has gone as these have more movement on them than the top. doubtful the tophats are worn too. try tftuned for parts.

sherry
    Free Member

Try these guys for an upgrade bush kit: http://www.mountainbikecomponents.co.uk/ I used wear through the bush's on my old Giant VT something silly and BETD ones lasted much longer. You can get the old bush out with a socket that will fit in the hole and a larger socket on the other side if you haven't got a vice. A bike shop will charge around a fiver to remove and fit a new one. Its best to learn how to do it yourself though.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Sounds like a worn bush to me as well – does it knock when you lift the saddle up very slightly i.e. you can make it rattle? 🙂

bigyinn
    Free Member

Try BETD

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

sherry:- 25 quid for a removal tool!

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

sorry just saw (all sizes) 15 quid,

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘is it play? or is it lose?’ is closed to new replies.