Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Is it ok to let my 5 year old listen to…..
  • loddrik
    Free Member

.. Cypress Hill…?

Do you think I can contextualise the language?

My one year old thinks it’s great, better enjoy it now then….

MartynS

oh yeah….. no bother, you could put a bit of Kevin “bloody” Wilson later if you felt like it

tazzymtb

mine loves cradle of filth and other such stuff. I’ve found that bad language in music tends not to be picked up by young children as it’s seen as part of the music rather than as a communication language. If parents swear it’s picked up and repeated in a nanosecond though. 😀

yunki
    Free Member

Insane Clown Posse would be more appropriate..

billybob
    Free Member

better than chart music or x-factor

twohats
    Free Member

My 8 month old currently rocks out to Rot In Hell! My 2 and a half year is well versed in all things hardcore/punk.

kaesae
    Free Member

😯

Junkyard
    Free Member

your insane you’ve got no brain

MrNutt
    Free Member

I play whale song backwards with doctor and the crippins on double speed over the top, to all, all of my children.

TheFopster
    Free Member

I tend to skip certain tracks and avoid some albums altogether with my kids. If I don’t want them using language I avoid them hearing it on a regular basis. They know all the words, but they know they are not words we use in our house. It won’t last, but for now their childhood continues…

float
    Free Member

i say its fine. im listening to all this stuff i heard ages ago and am only now realising what they were actually saying.

tazzymtb

Mr Nutt- Pink machine gun was a classic crippens track

CountZero

I see no problem with Cypress Hill, if I had kids I’d let them listen to pretty much anything, although NWA might be pushing it a bit. RATM’s Killing In The Name Of might get left off the playlist tho’.

igm

Rage Against The Machine from about 6 months old here – he’s showing some early teenage signs at 4 1/2 though.

Killing in the Name is an extremely thoughtful song about racism in the American police.

MrGreedy

Some NWA would fit the bill – this is how to do it:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooarT3cn8_o[/video]

Marmoset
    Free Member

Got my 3 yr old into Led Zepp this week! Anything that stimulates them is good IMHO

Hairychested
    Free Member

Metallica since my daughter’s birth, I’ve added Megadeth, Slayer, System of A Down, Soulfly and Iron Maiden since. Do I need to add she listens to Behemoth too?
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Nh0itgzSRo[/video]

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Is it ok to let my 5 year old listen to…..’ is closed to new replies.