Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Is it normal to be this rubbish?
  • dpfr

So I have just had 3 weeks of doing absolutely nothing, with man flu followed by horrible sinusitis. I’m pretty much rid of it now (2 days without symptoms) and I went out for a 2 hour ride around, just to see how things went. I couldn’t breathe, I was dead slow (even more than normal), no oomph at all, and cut the ride in half. I was expecting to be set back but this much?????

Junkyard
    Free Member

First ride after a lay off – tbh we never wait till we are fully healthy- is always the worst. Its a normal ish feeling for me after illness/injury layoff.

phiiiiil

Riding a hilly ten miles to work every day has made me realise that even after I feel 100% back to normal after a lurgy I’m not actually back up to normal speed for a good few days after, minimum…

thepurist

Normal person has normal reaction after normal illness shocker. Give it a few weeks, build yourself back into it. Too much too soon can be counter productive.

dangh
    Free Member

your lungs are not yet in shape even though the infection is gone, give it some extra time.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Sounds normal…
    If I have 2 weeks off for none illness reasons the first ride is always rubbish

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Is it normal to be this rubbish?’ is closed to new replies.