Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Is it national drive like a burst rectum day?
  • wanmankylung
    Free Member

I have gone for a few years without having to do much in the way of emergency braking, but today I had to stand the car on its nose three times to avoid people who just hadn’t bothered looking before swerving into my path. Absolute **** fudds the lot of them.

66deg
    Free Member

Black friday was a tough day for the average bargain hunter so feeling a little frazzled today must be why.

butcher

Not today. It gets gradually worse every day during the last month to Christmas. By Christmas Eve people who have not driven a car in 70 years will have crawled behind the wheel after a few sherrys and be making their way to Tesco for a last minute deal on Turkeys.

ojom
    Free Member

Edinburgh drivers presently seem to be in reciept of permission slips that absolve them of sticking to speed limits.

How nobody apart from me can see the 40 signs on the Cramond approach leaves me in a state of befuddlement.

JohnnyPanic

That was last Tuesday here in South Yorks.
    Maybe it’s a regional thing.

nixon
    Free Member

There do seem to be a fair amount of rather eyebrow raising drivers on the roads today. Following someone doing 23mph in a sixty earlier, in perfect conditions, for seemingly no reason whatsoever 🙁

stealthcat

Round us it was just “Drive in the fog without lights” day. Particularly for those who own silver cars, for some reason.

More worrying was the number of cyclists who didn’t have lights, including a couple of groups of roadies who had one light between half a dozen of them…

brooess
    Free Member

Yep. Had two people try to overtake me when riding today. Both in 20mph limits into oncoming traffic and I was already riding at 20!
    Both had to stop in the middle of the road when they realised they were about to have head on collisions – one with a car, the other with a pedestrian refuge – which I’m sure are highly visible objects!

Something’s gone wrong with the great British public’s minds 😯

andyl
    Free Member

More of a lack of manners when driving day today down here in Bristol.

In particular the driver of a T5 who I let through with no sign of a thank you only for me to look in my mirror and see he was stuck head on to a 4×4 as neither would yield.

samuri
    Free Member

heh! Try riding a bike on the road. It’s knob head day every day. It’s like you’re not there.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Round us it was just “Drive in the fog without lights” day. Particularly for those who own silver cars, for some reason.

Funny that because by us it was “Drive in clear conditions with fog lights on” day last week

dudeofdoom

I thought it was that everyday…dunno if I’m getting old but it seems like people are just getting worse.

Still when they dumb down the driving test so you need to have no car control things should get funny.

allthepies
    Free Member

A bloke I used to work with commuted by bike every day, except for this time of year. He’d take the car instead as he reckoned it was silly season on the roads and just too dangerous. P’haps he was right.

Rich_s

Funny that because by us it was “Drive in clear conditions with fog lights on” day last week

Last Friday all along the M62 it seemed to be “ooooh, fog warning signs. Best turn on every fog light I have, regardless of actual road conditions and everyone nose to tail in 50mph traffic. And then leave the lights on for the rest of my period of car ownership” day.

bearnecessities

You made it up to 50?

[Img]http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag157/Ripley2011/IMG_20141128_180152090_zps8o6v6yey.jpg[/IMG]

Drac

Is it national drive like a burst rectum day?

It is most days, an amazing amount of people take photos with their mobiles whilst driving.

Rich_s

You made it up to 50?

You were driving on the 62, after 2pm on a Friday? 😯

bearnecessities

I like to go somewhere nice to take photos.

Naughty Drac.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Driving to brighouse Christmas Day. I can’t wait 🙄

flap_jack
    Free Member

It’s the number of folk who sit stationary in jams for ages with their foot on the footbrake with their 2 million lumen LEDs burning out my retina…

fin25
    Free Member

Witnessed a nasty crash at a crossroads Friday night. I was behind an old geezer who almost seemed to wait until a car was coming before pulling out onto a national speed limit road. Luckily for him and his family, the 4×4 that hit him at about 50 miles an hour hit his front wing, not his door, everything forwards of his windscreen disintegrated. Luckily no one was hurt, but that didn’t stop the old geezer’s daughter getting out and hurling masses of abuse at the poor woman driving the 4×4 and her 3 very shaken young kids.
    I have never witnessed a greater act of stupidity, a timely reminder to slow down when approaching side roads, you never know when someone might try to kill us all…

maxtorque

Comedy moment yesterday>

Dual carriageway, into and out of a roundabout, and the roundabout has two lanes. I’m in the right hand land, wanting to go straight on into the outside lane of the dual carriageway, and a truck is in the left hand lane, presumably, you might think, either wanting to turn left or go straight on. Nope, he’s going to turn right, right in front of me without indicating, of course! Anyway, it’s blatant he’s going to do something stupid, so i simply brake to a stop in the right hand lane, waiting for him to chop across my bows. Well, he does, except he then slams on the brakes, leaving his truck blocking both lanes of the roundabout, gets out, and shouts abuse at me for “cutting him up”.

Luckily i saw the funny side of it – idiots eh!

Waderider
    Free Member

One of the proven indicators of being a poor driver yourself is thinking everyone else is crap at it.

Flaperon

Not today. It gets gradually worse every day during the last month to Christmas. By Christmas Eve people who have not driven a car in 70 years will have crawled behind the wheel after a few sherrys and be making their way to Tesco for a last minute deal on Turkeys.

I shall be driving 300 miles on the evening of Christmas Eve after two days of being traumatised by my six-monthly sim check. Expect disaster.

When I take over the world I’m going to mandate radar assisted emergency braking be fitted to all new cars. Mine has intervened twice in the last two years, once when someone stamped their brakes on entering a roundabout but had no brake lights, and the other when rounding a corner on a motorway slip road late at night to find stationary traffic on the other side of the bend.

Partly makes up for my shite driving.

mikertroid
    Free Member

maxtorque

I had exactly the same thing happen to me, only the first thing I know that the truck in Lane 1 is turning right is when I get shunted into the central reservation on the exit of the roundabout.

German driver in a LHD cab. Said in very good English “sorry, didn’t see you mate”. I have a 10second urge to kill him before adrenaline kicked in and my legs went all jelly-like.

I was grateful I was in a solid car and that it wasn’t a motorcyclist who would have bought the farm.

There are some very random drivers out there. I assume every other road user is a liability (correct) but this guy proved how easy it is to get caught out.

Jamie
    Free Member

….after two days of being traumatised by my six-monthly sim check. Expect disaster.

Sorry to hear that. What’s wrong with your phone?

brooess
    Free Member

Today was definitely ‘overtake into oncoming traffic day’. Lots of people having to jam their brakes on to stop the overtaking car ploughing head on into them.

One of the nuttiest bits of driving I saw was a few weeks ago – approaching a roundabout. The car in the right hand lane wanted the first exit and the car in the left lane wanted the second exit. Neither was looking, neither was signalling, they just went for their undeclared exits at the same time and ended up they both driving at each other as their paths crossed. Can’t quite believe they didn’t hit.

Today was also ‘stay behind the club run until there’s space’ day which was nice…

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

Many ignore that one as a matter of course ojom. Haven’t seen the camera van there in a while.

onehundredthidiot

Minor compared to some but Costa with l plates slid to a halt on the roundabout infringer of me blockingw entrance onto the r’about. No biggie but I stupidly bleeped the horn to point out I was now blocked. A wave of apology would have been fine but a single finger was what I got and her male passenger mouthing “sorry”. Some people are **** and will hopefully suffer a puncture on a dark and lonely road.

onehundredthidiot

Minor compared to some but Costa with l plates slid to a halt on the roundabout infringer of me blockingw entrance onto the r’about. No biggie but I stupidly bleeped the horn to point out I was now blocked. A wave of apology would have been fine but a single finger was what I got and her male passenger mouthing “sorry”. Some people are **** and will hopefully suffer a puncture on a dark and lonely road.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Is it national drive like a burst rectum day?’ is closed to new replies.