Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Is it name and shame time – no item, no replies, no refund
  • bunnerscj
    Free Member

Hi all, bought something from here on 21st Dec, item has not shown up which is fair enough due to xmas and bank holidays etc but the seller refuses to respond to emails.
    He is still trading on here buying and posting even up till a few minutes ago but wont answer emails or explain when the item was posted or if there are any problems.

Should I name and shame ????????? but what else can one do?

mrh86

(deleted)

Should I name and shame ?????????

Looks like you have already done it

sc-xc

a quick click on your profile makes naming and shaming unnecessary 😀

Swalsey
    Free Member

Have you posted on his for sale thread? Possibly an email problem. Also, have they used the classifieds before?

bunnerscj
    Free Member

well he’s got my cash so what else can one do ? Not my fault he wont reply is it ! 🙄

He either never had it and has ripped me off which is a criminal offence I believe, or………………….

legend
    Free Member

Having a similar issue myself. All going well on a fork, then silence for the last 3 days 😕

No hints in my profile for any nosey people 😉

nuke

It’s only been just over a week…and that’s been over the Christmas week with 2 bank holidays. So, IMO, no, it’s not time to name and shame.

Plus from the looks of it the seller has been on STW for quite some time with plenty of posts and not just on the classifieds. Personally I’d give them benefit of the doubt.

bunnerscj
    Free Member

nuke, I can accept that for no show on the item but to ignore emails etc is something else right…

nuke

Agreed…comms is key to an easy transaction and a few seconds to answer an email can save a whole load of grief so yes I think its unfortunate that they haven’t taken the time to respond to you. However, at this time, don’t think it can be said you’ve been ripped off.

hitman
    Free Member

just seen this on another post – have you emailed them direct?

bunnerscj
    Free Member

yup, mailed direct few times over last 5 days and guess what – NO REPLY !
    like I say, unless you cant get access to email then fair enough but to be posting on here clearly demonstrates access to www so can only conclude something is not right – rip off / con or just out of order / playing games ???

I just want the item or my money nothing more !

hitman
    Free Member

saw your post on another thread, think its pretty bad if they can’t be bothered to reply – may be a reasonable excuse however?

GW
    Free Member

legend – Member
    Having a similar issue myself. All going well on a fork, then silence for the last 3 days

3 days? – ’tis the season to be piiiish’d La la la la la..la la..la la

Ps. I know the exact fork if anyone nosey really wants to know 😛

legend
    Free Member

yeah but you don’t know who from, which is the important bit 🙂

I’ll give him until a couple of days into the new year, then see what’s what

GW
    Free Member

you’d be surprised what the snoops round here will dig up given a slightest whiff of a clue towards lynching someone! 😉

bunnerscj
    Free Member

guess so, then I will have to conclude that the item never was for sale and to advertise such was a way to obtain money by deception !
    Nothing else one can do.

evening all !

🙄

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’m confused, I’ve got things still due from mid December as the post isn’t caught up yet.

Also maybe like mr they have been off work since the 23rd and been away with family hence no Internet.

If I had bought something on the 21st I wouldn’t be expecting it till early January.

STATO
    Free Member

guess so, then I will have to conclude that the item never was for sale and to advertise such was a way to obtain money by deception !
    Nothing else one can do.

Well reading that I conclude your an idiot.

If they are the sort of person who sells items they dont have why would they still be trading? sensible thing for them to do would be rip everyone off using a fake email and then do a runner, not hang around.
    From that id suggest they are the reputable ones in this deal and youve just annoyed him by e-mailing him everyday over christmas so he has just decided to ignore you. The item is probabaly in the post and he just dosnt want anything more to do with you.

ChrisA
    Free Member

Just in the interest of balance, I ordered an X0 rear mech on 22nd dec from crc and bought something off eBay and paid on the 22nd Neither of which are here yet that I thought might have been. The crc order was dispatched pre Christmas though so the post definitely hasn’t caught up yet.

It does seem on the classifieds these days that these posts are coming up more frequently though.

taxi25
    Free Member

I can’t understand you guys jumping on the OP. His point is clear. The seller is trading and has posted a few minutes ago, but won’t answer emails !!!! thats the problem at this point, not the goods no show.

iainc

I sold something on the classifieds the other week and posted it to the seller on 13th Dec and he’s still not got it.

We are however in regular email contact and if it’s not with him this weekend I’ll be refunding him ‘cos it’s not his fault if it’s lost (low value item at £18)

hitman
    Free Member

I can’t understand you guys jumping on the OP. His point is clear. The seller is trading and has posted a few minutes ago, but won’t answer emails !!!! thats the problem at this point, not the goods no show.

+1

loddrik
    Free Member

Is this for real…?!

The 21st of December with seriously bad weather. The OP needs to get a grip!!!!

(makes mental note never to sell to him….)

legend
    Free Member

again, read the thread. the issue is that he’s not heard a thing from the seller, not that the goods haven’t arrived

hitman
    Free Member

Is this for real…?!

The 21st of December with seriously bad weather. The OP needs to get a grip!!!!

(makes mental note never to sell to him….)

again, read the thread. the issue is that he’s not heard a thing from the seller, not that the goods haven’t arrived

+1

69er
    Free Member

Thanks for this Chris, strong words, much appreciated. No e-mail btw.

I got your money in my account on the 24th, around the time of a significant event…

I also see you didn’t see fit to tell everyone about the seatpost clamp that took you completely forgot about and took weeks to send to me 😳 , which has a certain irony 😈

It’s Christmas, (yes, really!) the post is slow, I may not have had a chance to get it off to you straight away.

Calm down dear, it’s only a seatpost!

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Exactly legend ! Quite rightly as so many of you have posted,I’m not really expecting it but its the communication issue which is just rude,lazy or deceitful given the ‘seller’is posting this eve on stw.
    So why no replies to my mails,what is there to hide……
    Read from the start of the post !

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

pmsl

Classic STW of the last few years!

Suggsey
    Free Member

Bit embarrassing for seller as its been aired in the open but can see why OP has felt it necessary to as a last resort open this thread. Just one word of warning you have sent him the cash as a ‘gift’ in order to evade fees one would assume. Gift=given of free will therfore not dishonetly obtained? Sorry to be devils advocate but proves the value of paying Paypal fees sometimes.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Sorry both just was typing as the other entries were made on the thread but the ‘gift’ aspect is worth bearing in mind by anyone conducting transactions on Paypal.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Erm….

69er
    Free Member

Sorry Chris, I don’t really get your justification of the ‘rude,lazy or deceitful’ part of your rant.

Calm down dear, there’s a post in the post!

PiknMix
    Free Member

always 2 sides to every story, I love these posts.

69er
    Free Member

Will you please stop using the word ‘post‘….

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I must admit, I don’t have CRC/Wiggle type dispatch services – no packing dept, post dept… It’s a few clicks to advertise an item, but a bit more work to get it on it’s way to the buyer, plus there is having a job and life also…

These kinds of hissy fit threads seem to be very trendy at the moment..

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I hope the OP is well embarrassed. Bang out of order to be ranting after a few days especially these few days.

toys19
    Free Member

I agree with tj, if it was me and I hadnt posted it I would refund the op and tell him to flw off.

Woody
    Free Member

I sent a xmas card with Moonpig on the 20th Dec and it was only delivered today. They didn’t reply to any of my emails either.

The OP should count himself lucky, try as I might I couldn’t find a xmas card forum to rant about it.

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Not embarrassed what so ever, it had the deisred effect, shame it had to be done for all to see.

69er, well done on answering your mail, I look forward to receiving the post when Royal Snail delivers.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Is it name and shame time – no item, no replies, no refund’ is closed to new replies.