Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Is it me or should we have had a frost or two by now?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Here in deepest Derbyshire I’m sure we should have had a frost or two by this time in the year. Just miserable damp and grey at the mo! Bring on the crispy trails winter!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Don’t worry, you’ll have one by tomorrow. All the vans on site will have steamed windows at tea time, and not for the reasons your lads would like. 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

We have.

sambob
    Free Member

North-west Derbyshire here, we’ve had frost and ice in a wheel barrow, so I’m not too worried 😕

Drac

We had some in early September but to answer your question, no not necessarily.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I was thinking that the other day, haven’t seen a frost in glasgow yet. to be -1 tomorrow night though so that could be the first.

Edric64
    Free Member

The Mendips had -2 a week or so ago

spooky_b329

The first frost I had was the 13th October…I know cos I spent the evening at a birthday bash and then kipped in the hotel’s carpark in my camper overnight. Was a bit nippy as I didn’t want to give the game away by running the Propex heater, but I should have got up half an hour early to fire it up as when I jumped into the drivers seat I realised the windows were frozen up.

Pigface
    Free Member

Amazingly enough today I passed a farm that was grass silaging 😯

BoardinBob

I was thinking that the other day, haven’t seen a frost in glasgow yet.

we have in shawlands

gonefishin
    Free Member

Yup we’ve had a couple now too. Not too severe though but the heated seats have been on in the car a fair bit.

matt_outandabout

We have too – twas -4 here a few weeks(!) ago, and we must have had a half dozen good frosts. Been some snow on the tops, I have even had a sledge on a bivvy bag with a group already…

seosamh77
    Free Member

we have in shawlands

when? I’m govanhill and it’s not even been below 3 or 4C at night yet, well not that I’ve noticed anyway.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Amazingly enough today I passed a farm that was grass silaging

Any jackdaws around with whom to share this amazing moment Piggie? 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

😆 lots of crows on the telephone wires and an imperious buzzard sat on a telephone pole.

Sam

Wow, Herts here and we had a bit of frost (a touch?) a couple of weeks ago…

andyl
    Free Member

The Mendips had -2 a week or so ago

when was that? I don’t remember that and my cars temp probe makes up it’s own values as there is a damaged wire between the car and the door.

piemonster

Gritting in Angus this evening, suspect will have one tonight

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Had several here on Dartmoor already.

Sam

Wow, Herts here and we had a bit of frost (a touch?) a couple of weeks ago…

br
    Free Member

First frost here (Scottish Borders) was on 31st August!

footflaps

Been really mild and damp down South this week.

glenh
    Free Member

Yep, first frost here in yarkshire at the end of august. Quite a few since then too.
    You’re just in the wrong place or need to get up earlier!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yep. Even darn sarf in Hampshire we’ve had a couple. Had one in Shropshire a couple of weeks ago when we were away too

maccruiskeen

as thinking that the other day, haven’t seen a frost in glasgow yet.

3 or 4 frosts so far in Ayrshire – one sharp enough to make me late setting off because I had to scrape and demist the van – but not in the last week or so, earlier in Oct, perhaps on september (wasn’t paying that much attention. Its been quite mild of late though

john_drummer
    Free Member

I was in Ireland last month, got up one morning, car windows were frosted over. Took 10 minutes to clear, being a hire car & not having a scraper handy.

now home in deepest (nw part of) West Yorkshire, expecting a frost and possibly a light dusting of snow by tomorrow morning, if BBC’s Paul Hudson Weatherman(TM) is right

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Oh how we laugh at you southern softies.

Had to scrape the car at least 4 times so far, and mine is kept at the side of the house.

zippykona

2 Sundays ago we had 1 in Epsom.

heuer27
    Free Member

On a different tangent. I got sunburnt on Sunday and saw a butterfly today. That’s in Glasgow too.
    Last week I was in Aveimore and had to scrape the car window at about 11 in the morning. Was coaching tonight and its not far above freezing at the moment.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Well I leave the house at 7ish most mornings and work outside most days and i ain’t seen a smidge of frost yet. Hope it’s not the lack of insulation in my house that’s keeping my van from frosting up 🙄

MrOvershoot

Not even a slight sign of it here in the coastal NW yet, though TBH we only ever get a few days every year when the car has a minor ice layer on it.

Yet when I lived in the South West it was weeks at at a time of scraping & icy roads every morning.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Is it me or should we have had a frost or two by now?’ is closed to new replies.