Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • is it me or is Amazon a crappy site?
  • CountZero

I just searched for “64Gb sd” and got 4295 hits

Just use 7dayshop.com. Many available via Amazon are iffy, I always buy from 7day.
    There’s still a metric shitload to wade through on there, though; there are so many varieties even in 64Gb SDXC, let alone other capacities.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

logged in with the GF’s ccount aand same item was 168€.

Could the price have changed? Listed from a different reseller?

Like I say, easy enough to check.

vinnyeh

I don’t understand the difficulty?

64 gb SD Card.
    From the results pick a department to filter by, on the LHS- say Electronics and Photo.
    Pick Amazon as the seller from the left hand side filter.
    Select the product you want.

You’ll hopefully be told that the product is sold and dispatched by Amazon.
    And you can check out the prices for other seller, on the RHS under the ‘add to basket’ button.

Dynamic pricing isn’t used by Amazon, where the same product from Amazon itself is priced differently from two concurrent users i.e. pricing depends on the user profile.
    Of course user A may browse an item which could trigger a price change, but that change will be for all shoppers.

CamelCamelCamel is a very useful resource.

zer0c00l44
    Free Member

I used to love Amazon, well the low prices any way. Their site is not the best though. I got a 2016 184 x 44 Rockshox Monarch RT3 the other day for £90.

But like I said I used to love it until one day I had an email with no address and no return address asking me if I was happy with Amazon and what the reason was for returning the things I had returned in the previous months. They dont tell you the department they are from or give a name.

I was informed my account was “still open and available for use” and that no action would be taken this time and they hoped I would enjoy using Amazon in the future.

I have had an account for over 15 year and have spent thousands of pounds there. I replied quite angrily and asked what they are on about I can still use my account. They informed me I have been returning too many items.

I checked my account and out of over 150 purchases through the year I returned 7 things and 4 of those were because they sent me the wrong thing or was damaged on receipt.

Needless to say I was disgruntled and have hardly used them since, well no where near as much as I have in the past.

I looked into it and they can close your account at any time if they think you are returning too many items and stop you and every one else in your house hold from ever opening an Amazon account again. There are loads of people it has happened too.

alpin
    Free Member

bongohoohaa – Member

logged in with the GF’s ccount aand same item was 168€.

Could the price have changed? Listed from a different reseller?

within the space of a few hours? plus there were 8 or 9 available.

it wouldn’t surprise me. by the sounds of it they sound pretty conniving.

scotroutes

Some folk on here obviously struggle to use the Internet. Imagine the chaos on STW when the new forum is launched 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘is it me or is Amazon a crappy site?’ is closed to new replies.