Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)
  • Is it me, or did she just leave the building?
  • matt_outandabout

*barfs*

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

*twerks*

Rockplough
    Free Member

This is the historic report for July 2013

Heavy rain in July isn’t unusual. A July this wet is. Anyone who is particularly interested e.g. me, sadly, can look up the reams of data on the subject. There’s little point in arguing the toss on here. If you think it’s normal, so be it.

Drac

Heavy rain in July isn’t unusual.

Make your mind up.

A July this wet is.

Well we’re below average to date.

nickc

Anyone who is particularly interested e.g. me, sadly, can look up the reams of data on the subject. There’s little point in arguing the toss on here

I’d be interested (honest)

We need Stoner, he collects all sorts of weather data

toby1

I was in North Yorkshire from Friday for the weekend, saw very little rain, was in shorts for all of the weekend and sat out Saturday night – admittedly with a firepit till at least 10, may have been a bit later, but the fog* was a problem by then.

*Beer fog.

nickc

Drac, that would seem to indicate that “things” are pretty normal then? 😀

Drac

Seems that way.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

James Madden, the fauxcaster of inExacta (co-conspirator with Nathan Rao for the “SIX MONTHS OF SNOW, COLD, BLIZZARDS!” headlines) Weather predicted a heatwave. The opposite was bound to happen.

Rockplough
    Free Member

That summary pre-dates the rain we had dumped on us this past week.

You also have to take into account that I live in Scotland and am a miserable bugger at the best of times.

Drac

That summary pre-dates the rain we had dumped on us this past week.

But it didn’t dump on the whole of the UK.

You also have to take into account that I live in Scotland and am a miserable bugger at the best of times.

I’m not surprised I’ve heard it rains all the time up there.

Nico
    Free Member

In winter low pressure systems track across the British Isles. In summer they track further north. On Friday and Sunday weather systems tracked to the south, through the channel. That is why a. the weather was carp and b. why it was carpest in the south and best in the north. It also explains why the wind wasn’t warm and from the south west.

nickc

Rockplough, unfortunately I think you may have had the best weather on Sunday as well!

ahwiles
    Free Member

The news story linked to was about London.

where, depending on sources, a whopping 40mm* of rain fell on Friday 25th July.

truly we are experiencing the end of days.

(*probably less)

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Saturday:

Sunday:

Admittedly, its a bit damp today.

brassneck

Saturday: Getting burnt bobbing on my board off Woolacombe.

Sunday: Evacuating children from a tent disaster. Taken out by the ’20mph’ winds.

Anyone want to recommend a decent family tent for 5?

CountZero

and?
    You said it’s ‘perfectly normal’ weather. It’s demonstrably not. But whatever floats your boat (this rain most likely will).

It demonstrably is. It’s been very dry for some weeks down here, we had a months-worth of rain on Friday, and it was pretty wet most of yesterday, but we’ve had entire summers fairly recently that have been far wetter here in the South-west, with flooding; I bought a Barbour Stockman four or five years ago just after my birthday in July, and wore it out to the car, it was raining so hard.
    Last summer was glorious, and it’s not been too bad this year, really.

mrjmt
    Free Member

More importantly, is it going to be windy / rainy on sunday for ride london?!?

phiiiiil

As Stoner isn’t here to post shiny graphs (where’s he gone?) here’s what he probably would have posted; rainfall near the Malvern Hills:

From Malvern Wells Weather

It last updated sometime on Sunday, but suggests that other than right at the end of the month we’ve not really had much at all…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

He’s got his top off here in the south today.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

slowoldman – Member
    I sat indoors in shorts and t-shirt yesterday with the window open watching the TdF. It was freezing.

Plus, of course, you were so bored you thought you might stare at the wall instead, just for the novelty value.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Chilly on the foldie this morning lads.. 6mins I had to endure the bitter wind off the Thames to get to work..

#thermalsout

matt_outandabout

phiiiil – geographically is that data gathered?

Kunstler

I’m bike packing from Montrose to Skye. Three days of pretty constant rain so far. I’m having a wonderful time. #posting from the pub.

yunki
    Free Member

She’s back and she’s proud down here in sunny Deb’n..

My first off-road ride since winter this afternoon and it was scorchio! 🙂

IdleJon

One notable thing here in south Wales is how astonishingly windy it’s been for weeks (months in fact, probably since April). There have only been a few day’s gap of calm, normal weather before the wind starts rising again, leading people to feel it’s colder than it should be.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Not afraid to say that even for the west of Scotland this summer has, without parallel, been utterly shit. Not one chance for a BBQ so far, feels like winter already.

midlifecrashes

/abroad

Another fine day here, 31 deg. Been wavering from 28 to 33 all week. Might drop to 28 again when we head home. Looks like we picked a good fortnight for the jollies.

/abroad

scotroutes

Parts of Scotland have seen almost double their normal July rainfall.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-33695251

robbieh
    Free Member

Had a decent surf at Praa this morning and a good dog walk on Crantock this avo! Lovely warm sunny day!

bruneep

Not so bad today

matt_outandabout

Bbc reporting our area has had 225% of average July rainfall…. 🙁

Xylene
    Free Member

Yup it was chilly last night, slept under the duvet, must have been 20 degrees.

Rain has cooled it down nicely, high of 32 expected today.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

If it helps it’s utterly bollicks here in Sweden too . Lots of people gets July off work and most have been sat indoors going mad . Well perhaps that’s just me.

In contrast , my mum lives in Southern Spain and she can’t go out because it’s 45c. Ho hum

ahwiles
    Free Member

But it hasn’t been utterly bollocks. We Just had a wet and windy weekend.

matt_outandabout

It depends where you live in the UK awhiles. Where are you?

ahwiles
    Free Member

Sheffield.

matt_outandabout

Up here in Dunblane we have been 3-5* cooler than the average temp for the last month (or more), with twice the rainfall, according to Wunderground.

Summer has just not started here.

dpfr

Well at least I got to test my nice new waterproof jacket yesterday. It lasted almost 2 hours before staring to leak in

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Is it me, or did she just leave the building?’ is closed to new replies.