Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • is it me or…………..
  • gohan
    Free Member

are bike shops in bristol just a little bit annoying, been trying to get a specific part for my ss, a shimano freewheel, 17t variety, so nothing exotic, been to mud doc and pembury and neither had one in stock, so i asked if they could order one for me, both said no, reasons being that shimano have just put prices up, i offered to pay in full for the part but both said order it online and then they would fit it, now i worked in 3 bike shops in leam and coventry for 6 years in total (cov cycle centre, albany cycles, john atkins) and if some one came in with that sort of request we would take details, deposit if ness and order the part, then once in, call the customer and book the fitting and do free fitting most of the time, i was not lookin for free fitting, i was lookin for a freewheel and fitting and willing to pay for both, i know its hard economic times and all but surely customer service should be better than this?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

You’re right. They need to sort out the little things if they expect you to remain loyal.
    Buy one online, and also the tool, and fit it yourself if that’s their attitiude

sofatester
    Free Member

They lost an easy sale, think they could be in trouble with that kind of attitude.

richc
    Free Member

If you can get out there try Badassbikes in Dundry (just outside of Bristol) as the customer service there is 2nd to none.

If you can’t get out of Bristol, then Bike on the triangle is pretty good as well.

Bikeshops in Bristol are a bit funny, but if you shop around you can normally find one that suits you are there are quite a few.

gohan
    Free Member

i work at forbidden planet on the triangle! where abouts is bike?

gohan
    Free Member

just looked on google maps, will pop in there tomorrow, ta richc

MrAgreeable

Bike is just over the road from you, down the side road by Habitat. Also try Bike Workshop on Colston Street, they tend to be good with the more obscure stuff.

Buy one online, and also the tool, and fit it yourself if that’s their attitiude

Only one problem with that Peter – you’ll probably need two people and a bench vice to get the existing one off!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

MrA, thanks for the tip, I might need to do that with mine one day! (Although I ndid cover it in copper grease when I fitted it)

🙂

gohan
    Free Member

many thanks guys!!!!!!

MrAgreeable

No worries. You worked in John Atkins then? I think you might have sold my girlfriend her first bike!

rOcKeTdOg

ooh, forbidden planet, any Alan Dean Foster books?

Badgerpoo
    Free Member

lol at working in Forbidden Planet and not knowing about Bike, you’re almost next door! I like Bike as they’ve always done me well.

Del

you’ll probably need two people and a bench vice to get the existing one off!

no you won’t. a length of tube and an adjustable. easy.

barney
    Free Member

Bike is (with all due respect to them) unlikely to have a SS freewheel, I’d guess. Certainly worth trying, though.

Also not too far from Forbidden Planet is Psyclewerx on Cotham Hill, which would probably be my first choice for that sort of thing..

MrAgreeable

Del, been there, tried that! Having said that mine was on a second hand bike that had been somewhat neglected. Pete’s probably gets stripped, greased and reassembled on a weekly basis. 😉

sharki
    Free Member

Yeah go in ‘bike’, ask for Will and tell him i sent you.

Don’t touch him though as he’s a dirty roady, and tell him that from me.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘is it me or…………..’ is closed to new replies.