Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Is it just me, or has anyone else found Boss forks don't suite them ?
  • simonm
    Free Member

I’ve had Some Boss Devilles 140mm for three/four months now on my TRc, they replaced some Blackbox 140mm Revs RLTs.

Despite doing lots of trails with the compressions, rebound (which Boss recommend be set fast) air etc, I’m just finding them a little wooden for the riding I do and speed I ride.
    At low speed they arn’t comfy, they don’t dive at low speed which is nice. At high speed they feel like they are working but very on/off, they work but don’t smooth the trail like the Revs felt they do if that makes sense.

I’ve heard they are a hard hitting fork for very fast riders. I’m certainly not that ! pootles in the Peak and local singletrack in the woods.
    I also have the VIPr and I think that is amazing compared to the RP23 it replaced, really does suite me and the bike.

Just wondering if anyone else has found they don’t suite there riding ?

I’m tempted to go back to the Revs which I really did like, and then bury my needles upgrade-itus !

godzilla
    Free Member

After my Blackbox revs Kash Fox forks feel average.

simonm
    Free Member

Sounds like RS had it right, looks like there are no Blackbox anymore…

lungman

Have you spoken to bos? When I got my 160 devilles they were very poor. Spoke to the importer who’s name escapes me, returned them and there was a fault by all accounts not put together correctly/blob of grease in wrong place. Now hey are fantastic. Worth a try at that cost

Superficial
    Free Member

Sounds like RS had it right, looks like there are no Blackbox anymore…

They just don’t call it BlackBox any more. The 2012 Revs have a ‘DNA’ damper which is supposedly more advanced than the BlackBox one it replaces, but disappointingly is plastic rather than Ti.

I’ve heard it’s possible to really mess up the characteristics of these forks because they’re ‘too adjustable’ for most people. I’d be surprised if you can’t get them working for you, does the manual give a ‘back to basics’ setting? There’s always the possibility that there’s something wrong with them internally, too.

simonm
    Free Member

I’ve heard it’s possible to really mess up the characteristics of these forks because they’re ‘too adjustable’ for most people. I’d be surprised if you can’t get them working for you, does the manual give a ‘back to basics’ setting?

Yes, dont that. Basically everthing in the middle, but with not much rebound damping.

Thanks Lungman, thats a sensible thing to try first. I’ll have a word with R53 and see what they think.

simonm
    Free Member

mmm, talked to R53, apparently, as I bought them off the Boss website its a grey import. So they are not really intrested at all in helping but he did mention there was a problem batch a couple of so months ago.

One would have thought Boss would NOT sell them to countries that have distributors or sort something out internally.

O well, try with the French.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Is it just me, or has anyone else found Boss forks don't suite them ?’ is closed to new replies.