Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Is it just me, or did the autumn suddenly arrive?
  • ohnohesback
    Free Member

9am this morning: a gin clear, bueatifully blue sky and fragile sunlight. By noon the sky was tupperware, there was a raw wind, and a hint of rain. It felt as if late October had arrived early. I was quite pleased to get back indoors.

lucien

I’m having to check the weather forecast to ride! So, yeah summers over I reckon 🙄

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Yeah, it looks that way. Summer certainly has ended abruptly this year. Any talk of an Indian summer?

binners

Gin? Tupperware? I reckon your day job is coming up with names for paint shades at Dulux. 🙂

Drac

Blue skies and rain showers. Yup sounds like British seasons to me.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Sunny but cool here in Darwen. Quick tidy up then I’m off out.

maxtorque

Ah, you’re not wrong! I already look back on those halcyon days of late August 2013 with some sentimentality. The long, warm, almost liquid evenings, sliding smoothly into dusk, as the cover of darkness pours remorselessly across the vaulted sky. Bird song quietly falls, echos rippling out, unheard, into the still, desiccated air, as the high wispy clouds have their last hurrah, illuminated by a setting suns last, weak, vermelho fingers. Not long now i think, until those harsh, heavy and probing tendrils of the first Autumn frost march asunder across this peaceful land.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Ah, you’re not wrong! I already look back on those halcyon days of late August 2013 with some sentimentality. The long, warm, almost liquid evenings, sliding smoothly into dusk, as the cover of darkness pours remorselessly across the vaulted sky. Bird song quietly falls, echos rippling out, unheard, into the still, desiccated air, as the high wispy clouds have their last hurrah, illuminated by a setting suns last, weak, vermelho fingers. Not long now i think, until those harsh, heavy and probing tendrils of the first Autumn frost march asunder across this peaceful land.

Yes, August was quite warm, but it’s bloody chilly now innit.

waveydave
    Free Member

apparently this year we have a fools autumn where the long period of dryness has caused the trees to shed leaves sooner, proper autumn is yet to come i have been informed………looks like autumn to me though. The romans use to call August as the start of autumn. the leaves round my way actually start changing in July.

mudshark
    Free Member

Ha I nearly got sun burnt last week in S.Wales, this week I’m having to wear trousers.

mogrim

Nice and sunny in central Spain, pretty hot when I was running this morning. That said, don’t knock autumn: here it goes from summer to winter with barely a week between. Sometime at the end of October / beginning of November the weather changes from sunny and warm (during the day) to freezing, rain, snow and ice.

Autumn’s lovely, enjoy it.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

2 Weeks ago = mid 20’s 😀

Last week late teens 😕

Week ahead low teens 😐

Next month… 😥

rOcKeTdOg
    mightymule
    Free Member

According to my cats, it is now officially winter.

I have just discovered a strange lump under the duvet on my bed, which turned out to be Black Cat Mk II.

benji
    Free Member

2 Weeks ago = mid 20’s

Last week late teens

Week ahead low teens

Next month…

A Jimmy Saville tracksuit or a part in Coronation Street 😆

footflaps

According to my cats, it is now officially winter.

I have just discovered a strange lump under the duvet on my bed, which turned out to be Black Cat Mk II.

Found one of ours curled up on a blanket today – they’ve decided it’s too cold to sit on the floor.

Scamper
    Free Member

Yes, apparently a false autumn due to the dry summer.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Is it just me, or did the autumn suddenly arrive?’ is closed to new replies.