Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Is it just me? Or are chainrings stupidly expensive for what they are ?
  • fisha
    Free Member

Having to replace 2 sets on my bikes at the moment, and I know they wear out, but to me, it seems like they are stupidly expensive these days compared to other parts on the bike.

Or am I just being a tight fisted jock twa.. as my friends would say ?

Eggbox
    Free Member

It used to be cheaper to buy a new crankset from the likes of CRC…but the prices of cranks are ridiculous too nowadays

glenp
    Free Member

Deore steel for middle and grannie – cheap, more durable, v close in weight.

dalepoint
    Free Member

simple answer yes.

I did get a set of three none brand from merlin for a reasonable price.

Zukemonster
    Free Member

Yes, just looking at ordering a middle ring, and it seems stupid money for what they are, and the amount of material invovled. I guess there is design and low numbers sold, but even so… A chain ring "looks" like it should cost about a tenner

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Wot glen says – steel shitmano middles for £7 or so. Just throw the big ring away and go 22/36 .

I love specialites TA alloy rings but can't afford another set

glenp
    Free Member

I don't think I've ever worn out a big ring anyway.

IHN

I don't think I've ever worn out a big ring anyway

*giggle*

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

Yeah I know what you mean…I'm experimenting with Middleburn Hardcoat chainrings at the moment… no complaints so far other than the price!

Trimix
    Free Member

Ive never worn out a big ring, just bent it once. Only closet rodies wear out big rings.

BIKES4LIFE
    Free Member

i was think that the other day when lookin 4 xt chainrings,ended up buying a slx crankset £70 ribble

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Is it just me? Or are chainrings stupidly expensive for what they are ?’ is closed to new replies.