• This topic has 19 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by pocpoc.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Is it just me? (Channel 4 F1 Miami Grand Prix)
  • markgraylish
    Free Member

I’m still in news blackout mode so I don’t want to open the existing F1 thread and see the result of yesterday’s race but I can only see the qualifying coverage on C4.

Can anyone else see the race coverage itself on catch-up?

jaymcjayface
    Free Member

I’m the same. I’ve got my Sky to record all the highlights but when I came to watch this afternoon, I found nothing had been recorded.

I assumed my Sky had cocked up.. maybe it didn’t after all.

slowoldman

Same here re Channel 4 highlights (or lack of).

airvent
    Free Member

You haven’t missed much, the highlight reel they usually put on F1 YouTube channel was probably a struggle to find the usual ten minutes lol

reluctantjumper

Just checked, it’s 7.01 long 🤣

bails

I couldn’t find it on All4 earlier so watched the YouTube version instead. It jumped from something like lap 7 to lap 39 with nothing worth the highlights reel!

simondbarnes

Not there for me either. Good to see Vettel win again though.

markgraylish
    Free Member

Oh well, I just watched the YouTube highlight instead and saved myself a big chunk of time…
    Great win from Vettel! 😜

patagonian
    Free Member

Not there for me either. Good to see Vettel win again though

We really need a “like” function on here…….that made me smile

richmars

At least you managed to watch it on youtube, seems to be down for me, and a few other people.

sobriety
    Free Member

They’re probably still trying to mop up the spunkpuddle David Coulthard turned into after that race.

BigJohn

I watched it this morning on my TiVo box recorded from C4 early Monday morning. The only thing of note was the excitement of the lifelong fans (since a week ago) by one of the very few overtakes. My strategy is to watch the race in 8 minutes over breakfast on Monday. After the first lap I fast forward the highlights show with my eyes fixed on the top left of the screen until I see the instruction “Replay” at which point I press play to, er, replay the supposedly interesting bit

halifaxpete

I’m on Virgin and it recorded OK for me, watched it before work this morning (wasnt worth waking up early for though TBH!)

argee

Most F1 races are boring these days, especially if the safety car comes out late, it just seems a weird way of working when they race hard for 50 laps to make up decent gaps, to have the safety car come out and bunch them together again, and even worse, potentially give the advantage to those who pitted just before.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Avoided these threads as I was watching tonight. It was fine for me and well, Vettel, just WOW!

P20

I gave up waiting for it to appear on all4 and watched the YouTube version. Damn annoying

dooosuk
    Free Member

It’ll be up tomorrow. The highlights were broadcast early hours Monday and channel 4 only put their shows up the day after.

markgraylish
    Free Member

The highlights were broadcast early hours Monday and channel 4 only put their shows up the day after.

Not normally. I typically watch them late the same day but I’m in Vancouver (8hrs behind UK time) 🤣🤣

markgraylish
    Free Member

It’s available now (should anybody be interested…)

pocpoc
    Free Member

Got up at 5am yesterday so I could watch the highlights on All4 before work. Gave up refreshing it at 5.30 and started watching some old Grand Designs instead while catching up on the race + results on Twitter Glad I didn’t keep waiting, would have been back asleep on the sofa by the sound of how not exciting it was.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.