Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Is it illegal to….
  • footflaps

Deadly molgrips you spelt deadly wrong !

🙂

theotherjonv

Get out of the car and WELL behind the barriers, even if it is a on hard shoulder.

FTFY

Seen people stood just the other side of the armco from their cars. better than in them, but if it’s hit by another vehicle the debris goes a long way.

hjghg5
    Free Member

Whoops, when we broke down on a smart motorway we put the triangle out – wasn’t aware of that rule. I stood near the triangle (rather than near the car) behind the barrier in the hope that if anything hit the car it would be shunted away from me. We moved in 3 stages – first a truck driver stopped on the slip road to the services (only 100m or so away but we couldn’t make it) and pushed us that far. Then The police turned up fairly quickly and parked behind us, followed by highways who towed us into the services properly where we waited for the breakdown people (it was the timing belt and a tow home rather than anything fixable).

matt_outandabout

I had double blowout after hitting a spade(!) in outside lane of Aston Expressway (the raised bit) many years ago. The car was near enough sat on its exhaust, in a hard shoulder that was too narrow.
    I called 999, the police motorway patrol did a brilliant job of sitting in inside lane with blues on, while assisting me to change one wheel, I basically then dragged my arse off the motorway at next junction with them following me off with blues on.
    They even called the wombles patrol who also helped me get a new tyre from a nearby garage without having to drive on a flat.

I would NOT have changed tyre in live lane of motorway, no way.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Is it illegal to….’ is closed to new replies.