Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Is it illegal to take a large stone off a beech?
  • Lesanita2
    Free Member

It wasn't part of a sea defence or anything. There was a beautiful bit of rounded sandstone in the sea and I pondered on the morality of it all. It wasn't there the other month, so it must have been washed in.

Probably weighed 15kg ad now in my garden as a lovely stepping stone.
    My nosey neighbour grumbled at me saying it was illegal. I said I'd best not do it again then.

I'll wee through his letterbox later!

ji
    Free Member

Yes it is illegal.

daveagiles
    Free Member

It is illigal, even taking the smallest of stones is, although its not inforced unless your digging the things up!

tankslapper
    Free Member

My understanding is the beach between high and low water mark is no ones property the only thing restricted was access if you have to cross private land.

If you were removing tonnes of material then yes it would be an issue but in this case your neighbour is simply being a fascist – if he/she/it is serious

rOcKeTdOg

better be careful in the high winds this autumn!
    *puts on hard hat*

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Of course not, you'd be doing it a favour. It could well damage the bark and might even split….

Oh.

🙂

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Drop it on your neighbours foot, nosey git.

taka
    Free Member

maggots in an envolope when they go on holiday is better than weeing

clareymorris

MrWoppit – snap!!

stompy

🙄 Who are you stealing from??? mother nature??

I've got stones and stuff from beaches all around the world…. Am I an international master criminal???

joolsburger
    Free Member

I have a huge green lump of beach stone from Salcome in my fireplace, should I turn myself in or something?

antigee

oih you spelling sluts – beech nuts beach huts …..tuts

and what happens if the sea comes looking for it?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Is it illegal to take a large stone off a beech?’ is closed to new replies.