Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 169 total)
  • Is it fair to kick a dog in the teeth when they try to bite you when riding?
  • duckers
    Free Member

Did the dog have standard hinged jaw bones, or a special that that used bearings? maybe the the dogs special jaw used bearing supplied by kaeasae and the dog liked how smooth and long lasting the bearings were, and the dog decided that, upon seeing kaesae riding his super bike with super bearings the dog would give kaesae's super leg a super chomp to show its appreciation.

Maybe if the dogs special jaw used lower quality japanese bearings it wouldnt have been so happy to attack.

crazy-legs

I've been bitten by a dog on my bike

What was the dog doing on your bike?

😉

Kevevs
    Free Member

Why do you lot pounce on Kasaeeaeae? There are far more assholes deserving of undue STW vehemence on here.

jordie
    Free Member

A quick squirt in the dogs face with some water from a bottle works wonders.They get such a shock i can keep pedaling and nothing gets hurt me or the dog

backhander
    Free Member

'Durr if you kicked my dog I'd kick you blah blah blah…'

I wouldn't need to. Only a fool would kick my boy ("the bear") 😀
    Coincidentally, he chased after a biker today but of course he didn't bite him (well mannered, see). He just thought it was me!
    If a dog bit me on or off the bike, he'd be getting some as would the owner afterwards.

Talkemada
    Free Member

Why do you lot pounce on Kasaeeaeae?

Cowardly bullies, Kev. Easy to bully someone from behind the safety of a keyboard.

Heh! Remember when I bit Stupid Dog when she gave me a little nip? Look on here face; priceless! She weren't expecting that one! 😆

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I suppose it's all about 'reasonable force'. If someone attacks you it's ok to use reasonable force to protect yourself but if you rip their head off and s**t down their neck then the authorities aren't going to be too impressed. I think this rule probably applies to getting attacked by dogs too. I've certainly raised a foot in my time when cycling. Are people seriously saying they would rather loose a leg than give a dog a small kick?

I once had a lucky escape when I was chased by a Collie. It decided to bite my back tyre as I desperately cyled away. I turned around to see a yelping dog sailing through the air. Luckily the dog wasn't badly injured.

Cycling away quickly is more likely to end badly I think. If it happened again I would try to slow down and face the attacker with the boot ready if needed.

jimmy

Talkemada – Member
    if you did that to my dog because it ran towards you I'd kick you in the jaw a lot harder.
    You wouldn't have the chance. I'd boot the dog so that it flew towards you, jaw first, straight in your neck. Bosh- jugular gone.

Then I'd laugh.

Are you and Kaesae the same person?

Kevevs
    Free Member

Talkemadoda is nae scottish c**t.

He's just a c**t!

Talkemada
    Free Member

We are legion. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

COMPLY!

jimmy

jog on

Kevevs
    Free Member

Dogs biting = ostrich = bjorn bjorg.

Good thread!

molgrips
    Free Member

Violence and intimidation are part of dogs' vocabulary unfortunately. If it's trying to attack you then fight back – it'll understand.

westkipper
    Free Member

Something that( many) dog owners just dont seem to understand is that their lovable family pet can be aggresive or can even appear very threatening to non dog loving members of the public.
    Really, its up to you to keep your dog under control in public, and I'm sorry to say, any dog that gets as far as actually biting someone in the street doesnt deserve a kick in the teeth, it should be humanely put down.
    I get bitten by dogs regularly in the course of my job, and if I had a pound for everytime some rosy-spectacled owner said 'he wouldnie hurt a fly, he's just bein' friendly' before biting, well, I'd have given up working years ago.
    edit; jimmy, Are you Australian?, Quite quick on a bike? is your real first name Cadel, by any chance? 🙂

zaskar
    Free Member

Luckily no but if the dog was going for me either pedal warp speed or stand between bike and doggie.

If the dog is not backing off and is completely nuts with no owner in site…then lift bike, allow dog to get closer and bring down on its bloody head as a last resort.

If the dog looks nuts and is way ahead just turn bike around and make sure its not chasing you. Take the longer route home and avoid trouble in the first place.

Kevevs
    Free Member

any proper manly man would PUNCH the dog out anyway.

Or attack its eyes with a Makitas Compact 18V Li-Ion Hammer Drill/Driver helps you get the job done quickly thanks to quick-charge batteries that wont leave you waiting. Volts: 18, Rated RPM: 0 – 400 / 0 – 1,500, Torque (in./lbs.) : 450 Powerful 4-pole motor delivers 450 in.-lbs. torque Two speeds: 0-400 or 0-1500 RPM 0-6000 or 0-22,500 BPM Built-in LED Battery recharges in only 15 minutes Compact design, weighs less than 4 pounds

backhander
    Free Member

I get bitten by dogs regularly in the course of my job,

That's made my night. Thanks.

Talkemada
    Free Member

Ooh! Would you know where a Makita Compact 18V Li-Ion Hammer Drill/Driver could be found, Kevevs?

And how much it is?

westkipper
    Free Member

While its important not to be too reliant on equipment, nevertheless, I am likin' your style, Kevevs

westkipper
    Free Member

Backhander, why exactly?

Ringo
    Free Member

This geezers a full on prick and that's all there is too it stop posting

Talkemada
    Free Member

Looks the dog's bollocks, I have to say.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

You have the right to self defence using reasonable force. A kick would be appropriate.

westkipper
    Free Member

Pawsy-bear, thats against humans, you have the right simply not to be bothered by nuisance dogs, and thats the owners responsibility.

Zoolander
    Free Member

I like dogs and wouldn't want to hurt one. That said I like my legs more than I like dogs so legs would win out and dog would get one in the face.
    I don't like the thought of hurting an animal but conversely I'll happily eat many of them. Which is odd.

Kevevs
    Free Member

"Ringo – Member
    This geezers a full on prick and that's all there is too it stop posting "

There's not much you can do is there? In that way, it reflects real life! IMO, Kasaeeaeaeee has re-enlivened this place. Given it a poke up the arse. Good. I don't care if his bearings are shit or not. Remember folks, there are people out there different to you. yikes.

Talkemada
    Free Member

'Different', you say….? 😯

Ambrose

I follow the spirit of what Kaesae is saying. AFAIAA, because dogs can be trained (whilst cats cannot) the owner of the dog is liable for anything that the dog may do. When dogs go for me I kick out at them and tell the owner that they should have their animal under control and that if it happens again I will report it to the Police. One dog bit my boot so hard last week that it hurt my toes. I told the owner that next time it happenned I'd want it put down. It was said for effect- and it had the effect- she was rather shaken up. I can't stand the attitude 'oh he's only playing' or 'he's really friendly'. Hackles up, teeth bared is not friendly at all, it's nasty and aggressive. And if a dog gets that way it should be properly controlled.

I own a dog. As a pup if she became agressive towards people she got a telling off. She is great now.

westkipper
    Free Member

Quite, while kaesae could afford to think a bit more before posting , his posts seem to irritate me less than some others, for instance, backhanders…

backhander
    Free Member

his posts seem to irritate me less than some others, for instance, backhanders…

That's made my night. Thanks.
    And the reason is that I think you're a complete tool.
    Oh and I also hold kaesaes opinions in far higher regard than yours.

pastcaring
    Free Member

i stopped to let a dog walker past on wednesday. the dog snarled at me as it went passed the owner just laughed. i rode off and the dog came after me heckles up, teeth out! i was watching the dog while trying to stop so i could get the bike between me and coujo. front wheel washed out and dumps me on my arse… (funny now)
    i'm afraid to say i lost it! dog ran back to owner with me after the pair of them screaming. you **** **** keep
    your **** **** of a dog on a **** lead if you can't control it ****. i'm glad the guy was a fare way off, and grabbed his dog and walked away, before i was half way there and the mist cleared.
    i don't know why it got to me this bad, it's not like it's the first time! embarrassed with myself…

fwiw, i've always been a dog owner. to many people have dogs without having a clue on how to socialize and train them. if your dog doesn't come back when you call it (you suck at being a dog owner) keep it on a lead!

Talkemada
    Free Member

Ambrose

Who's profile pic is that?

pastcaring
    Free Member

jordie – Member
    A quick squirt in the dogs face with some water from a bottle works wonders.They get such a shock i can keep pedaling and nothing gets hurt me or the dog

a very good tip!

kaesae
    Free Member

pastcaring

A great tip if you carry a bottle of water everywhere you go. I reckon by the time you get the water out you'll be just in time for the dog to wash the chunk of your ass it has, down with the water.

I think it might work, but I would rather not have to pull my bottle of water out every time I see a dog that I think could go psycho. Unless you're talking about a holstered bottle of water and a quick draw technique.

mattbee

If my dog tried to bite you I'd happily let you kick it in the gob. Got to learn. Whether him approaching with his gob open and tongue lolling in it's usual manner makes you think he's about to bite is another point.

Thing is, the sort of person who lets his/her dog close enough to bite, if the dog is likely to, is also the sort of person who'll have 'issues' with you doing it.

jimmy

just kick the f**king dog

westkipper
    Free Member

Again, backhander, I'll ask you to justify that personal attack.
    Exactly what have I said to arouse your malice?
    Other than healthy political disagreement,and the odd joke, to my knowledge, I've never made any abusive or personal remarks to anyone on the forum, least of all you.
    what gives?

pastcaring
    Free Member

how long does it take to grab a water bottle from a cage on your frame? a quick draw holster if you like 😀

if you feel threatened by a dog, then by all means kick it 'till it **** off. or it eats you!

best defense is to stand behind your bike and stand your ground. not all dogs will back off when kicked!

kaesae
    Free Member

mattbee

In my experience that can be the case, 9 out of 10 times it isn't. but on the odd occasion that it is and say you've just sorted the dog out with a swift kick and the owner now wants a piece as well.

Ass over the seat drop down stairs position front wheel into the knackers.
    If they still don't get the message or happen to be armed. A seat and a seatpost can be a very handy tool for blocking all sorts of weapons, assuming your not a lazy fecker who never greases it and your clamp is quick release.

End of the day we bike where we want and riders find themselves in all sorts of situations. I want to go about my business anyone trying to stop me needs to know I will do what ever the situation requires.

Dog owners need to wake up to the fact that most bikers are fit and on the ball, some are timid and will take crap but others are more inclined to have a go.

If I'm out biking and I see a dog attacking another biker I will simply ram it with the bike or club it and have done on a few occasions.

Does that make me hard or unstable, maybe! to me it just makes me capable which is what we all have to be now adays.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 169 total)

The topic ‘Is it fair to kick a dog in the teeth when they try to bite you when riding?’ is closed to new replies.