Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 169 total)
  • Is it fair to kick a dog in the teeth when they try to bite you when riding?
  • kaesae
    Free Member

I learned a while ago to put my weight onto the pedal at the opposite side of a dog coming at me and give it a proper boot in the mush.

Has any else had to kick an out of control mutt and is it wrong to do so.

I feel that it's perfectly fair and that people who say there's no need for that when their dog is showing it's teeth and coming at you, are simply mad!

Jamie
    Free Member

1/10. Stick to bearings.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Police dog?

Fresh Goods Friday 698 - The Boom Box Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 698 - The Boom B...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kaesae
    Free Member

You've never had a dog try and bite you?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

No, they seem to sense my good character.

Kevevs
    Free Member

was it dressed as an ostrich?

markd
    Free Member

you are so hard. i wish i was actually you.

kicking dogs sucks balls.

duntstick
    Free Member

Try shouting 'Ungowa' at it…………..

hora
    Free Member

Me and my friends can't hunt Foxes anymore so we now bait cyclists with Staffs; much more fun and we are actually pay car tax to use our roads.

kaesae
    Free Member

It might have been a small ostrich dressed as a dog but definately not a dog dressed like an ostrich.

Unless it was a midget dog dressed like an ostrich dressed like a dog.

ski
    Free Member

kicking dogs sucks balls.

😉

tazzymtb

Markd- last time a dog tried to bite me I sucked it's balls and it became my best friend 😀

kaesae
    Free Member

markd

being bitten and tetanus or the jab to avoid it suck more.

Anything having a go at me, I'm having a go at.

I like cats and dogs as long as they behave themselves.

However I reserve the right to kick any creature that tries to bite me, in it's teeth.

nickegg
    Free Member

I've had a couple of dogs get abit aggresive whilst on my bike.

Trouble is i own a dog and therefore know that it's a product of its environment. It's the owner i want to kick in the teeth not the dog.

nickegg
    Free Member

They bite you IN the teeth!

You retard.

markd
    Free Member

However I reserve the right to kick any creature that tries to bite me in the teeth.

so he went for your face then?

jimmy

if you did that to my dog because it ran towards you I'd kick you in the jaw a lot harder.

falkirk-mark

However I reserve the right to kick any creature that tries to bite me in the teeth.

It may be trying to kiss you

Kevevs
    Free Member

"Unless it was a midget dog dressed like an ostrich dressed like a dog. "

cool! I'll never look at dogs the same again. Could even little yappy dogs have a smaller dog dressed as an ostrich inside them? That's probably why they yap right? the little dogs. Can't contain all the other animals.

stompy

+1 Jimmy

If you kicked one of my pups in the teeth you'd be losing a few of your own……

markd
    Free Member

WTF is going on now? Jimmy is kissing Pit Bulls out on his bike with kaesae watching while Jimmy simultaneously pokes peoples eyes out snapping jaws off with Ostriches running about.

kaesae
    Free Member

As I said coming towards with teeth bared, if your dog comes towards me with hackles raised and tries to bite me and I kick it in the mush and you then have a go. You will simply be in need of an attitude adjustment as well and get cranked with me bike!

If your dog comes toward me and it's tail is wagging and it looks friendly it will simply get smiled at and probably patted.

Right response for the circumstances.

Back to the questions, is it OK to defend yourself whilst on a bike when a dog tries to bite you by kicking it in the teeth?

mr_mills
    Free Member

falkirk-mark

No, you let it rip you to shreds

Talkemada
    Free Member

'Durr if you kicked my dog I'd kick you blah blah blah…'

Yeah right. How hard you are… 🙄

You've got every right to kick a dog that is attacking you, or is clearly about to attack you. It's called self defence. I don't care if the dog is 'only playing'. I'm not taking any chances. Keep your mutt away from me, on a lead, and it won't risk getting a boot in it's chops. Simples.

Kevevs
    Free Member

I've kicked a few dogs that've had a go at me whilst cycling, it's just part of cycling IMO. Although next time I'll hand the dog a printout of this thread to peruse, and forward the owner to TJ for a more detailed discussion.

Filthy
    Free Member

Back to the questions, is it OK to defend yourself whilst on a bike when a dog tries to bite you by kicking it in the teeth?

Yeah it's fine if the dog is obviously going to bite you then it needs to learn not to attack cyclists, I've only had it happen once. Been chased by dogs a few times but most are just yappy stupid things that want to play. If it's showing it's teeth and is viscious then feel free to stamp on the bastards head, should have a muzzle on anyway. Oh and feel free to point out the error of the owners ways… a swift kick in the teeth might help there too.

BTW I like friendly dogs, but as far as I'm concerned keasae did the right thing. Why is everyone giving him a hard time its not like he's drowning puppy's the mutt attacked him FFS!

jimmy

you'd better be pretty dam sure its going to bite you if you're going to kick someone's dog in the mush, is all i'm saying.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

I rode into an unleashed dog on Ben Lomond 2 weeks ago. It sould've been on a lead, but I think me crashing into it when it moved taught it a lesson.

kaesae
    Free Member

mr_mills

Stop any more funny photo's and I might actually look forward to bumping into you.

What is that Fu King thing? is that an ostrich from an inside mouth view?

First a pig now that thing?

billyboy
    Free Member

In answer to your question

Yes

Might not be wise

But

Yes

markd
    Free Member

I am with jimmy on this i think, it's the owner at fault everytime.

I would go at you with MENERGY EXTREME if i had a dog and you booted it.

CHB

Kick the **** thing. I love dogs, but you can tell very easily if they are going to be agressive. If they are then you have to do whatever is needed to defend yourself. Most dogs are just excited though and want to play, for those dogs I just encourage them to chase/follow me, must to the consternation of the idiot owner.

mr_mills
    Free Member

What the F'ck is that?

That, young sir, is a dog disguised as an ostrich.

Skoolshoes
    Free Member

The dog was out of control and baring it's teeth!

My dog has chased people in the past and most people freeze up. Some people kick out. Whatever… it's my job as an owner to keep my dog under control.

project
    Free Member

So the dog ran at you bareing its teeth, a lot of humans do this its called smiling, you may well have now alienated the dog towards male adults, it may now bite as oposed to being freindly.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

I've been bitten by a dog on my bike and from now on i'll be ready to kick the next one that comes close and attempts to bite.

Talkemada
    Free Member

if you did that to my dog because it ran towards you I'd kick you in the jaw a lot harder.

You wouldn't have the chance. I'd boot the dog so that it flew towards you, jaw first, straight in your neck. Bosh- jugular gone.

Then I'd laugh.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I'd kick a mongrel that was trying to nick my bike.

kaesae
    Free Member

The thing to watch out for is the hackles along the shoulders and upper back. If it's teeth are bared and it's hackles are up it's Fu King time to kick it!

If it persists put the bike in between you and it, as a last resort hit it with your whole bike, crank it.

In 13 years of riding or 11 years if you take away the last 2 i've had quite a few dogs try and bite me. None have been succesful, a lot of dogs wonder up in a friendly way tail waging open mouthed. Had a pup the other day there the size of an average lab run up to me. It wasn't a threat and a lovely big dog.

But a lot of dogs are simply a pain and a lot of owners think it's funny and laugh when they have a go at you!

Best to be prepared and if it comes down to it, better it gets kicked or stomped if needs be, than you get munched!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 169 total)

The topic ‘Is it fair to kick a dog in the teeth when they try to bite you when riding?’ is closed to new replies.