Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Is it ever going to stop raining?
  • Drac

Ooo, oooo. Do we get to guess where ?.

Well you could do that or you can check my profile.

mrdestructo

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/9675695.York_residents_warned_their_homes_at_risk_of_flooding_after_pumps_fail/r/?ref=twt

Half of the pumps designed to pump the water from the River Foss into the River Ouse here failed overnight and the traffic in York is practically at a standstill from the outer ringroad through the centre.

Why did they fail? Were they not serviced correctly ahead of this weather?

donsimon
    Free Member

Why did they fail? Were they not serviced correctly ahead of this weather?

I think this might actually be the first time that York has experienced any type of flooding. A bit of a shock for everyone involved I imagine. 😛

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mrdestructo

This isn’t the River Ouse though. This is the Foss, so it’s flooded other areas. If they hadn’t managed to fix the pumps today, there’d be a lot more than 9″ of water in those areas, and the phone calls warning people to drag their gear upstairs is interesting.

Walking out of town this morning I noticed the traffic is solid all the way through the centre and reportedly out to Poppleton, outside the outer ring road. Never seen it so bad.

The Ouse has breached its banks, but it’s not so bad the flood barriers are locked yet. When it gets really bad it enters the rear of the PO sorting office and then our mail gets disrupted as it shifts to Leeds. Coincidentally, the reason our sorting office is likely to shut down is based on the results of using Leeds in the past during another bad flood period.

Houns

Living in the mankychester area and complaining about rain is like living in the artic and moaning about the ice

skinnysteel
    Free Member

Ordered a new waterproof on Thursday of t’internet in the knowledge it would trigger an extended dry spell. Keeping the Mud-X’s on just in case tho’.

enveetee
    Free Member
    fatboyslo
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlOAOLcYsLo[/video]

Bunnyhop

Living in the mankychester area

How verrr, verrr, dare you. I’ll have you know young man that South Manchester is awfully posh 😉

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Just seen the weather forecast for May. Beam me up, Scotty… 😥

fotheringtonthomas
    Free Member

SUNNY IN GALLOWAY

banks
    Free Member

Try the Norfolk/Midland in Marple on a friday night, worst kind of posh.

Anyway very sunny, dry but windy hayfield/edale ride today 😀

Bunnyhop

Ha ha banks, so true. We’ve braved the Midland a few times, however we prefer ‘The Fox’ Brook bottom, or our local the ‘Ring o’Bells, real pubs.

CountZero

Around 15mm of rain here in N.Wilts tomorrow, with 44mph winds. Maybe I should go and dig out my 6′ Flexifoil…

clubber
    Free Member

Beautiful but cold here in NI

StefMcDef
    Free Member

It was horrendous on the Isle of Wight today.

The enduro I’d booked the day off work for had been cancelled due to ongoing bad weather, but I went out for a ride anyway.

When I got home and stepped off the bike I looked like the Creature from the Black Lagoon. Even more than usual.

The island – which was bone dry three weeks ago – is a quagmire.

All in all, reminded me why I moved here from Glasgow – to escape precisely this sort of weather and riding conditions.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Fine sunny day in Edinburgh today the only pic I have. Its nice to live in one of the driest dn sunniest parts of the UK. We won’t mention the baltic wind from siberia

workers lunch by TandemJeremy, on Flickr

bwaarp
    Free Member

Here in Oxford the canals are flowing as fast as the bloody river lol….

Schweiz
    Free Member

Hottest April day on record here in northern Switzerland. 31degC! Blue sky from horizon to horizon. Just need a few more like that to melt some snow and then the fun can really start!

banks
    Free Member

Midland is handy bcos It’s downhill whereas the ringers is uphill – good pub quiz! Me parents are looking at buying the house at the bottom of the Fox 😀

Coyote
    Free Member

North-West=f**king cold, windy and wet.

Officially pissed off now. Would like some dusty trails please.

mrdestructo

Not sure complaining about the rain fully appreciates what hit Inverness last night.

Poor BSO!

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Is it ever going to stop raining?’ is closed to new replies.