Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Is it ever going to stop raining?
  • binners

Eh?

footflaps

No.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Monday when we go back to work.
    or winter when it will snow one of the two

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Stoner
    Free Member

not for you northern monkeys, no

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Sandwich

Rejoice that the rain is warmer at this time of the year (summer). Besides in Manchester I grew gills for the time I lived there.

footflaps

On the plus side, it’s doing my lawn no end of good – just been reseeding patches…..

alex222
    Free Member

if it rains on st swithen’s day it will rain for forty days and forty nights thereafter – now whens st swithens’s day?

[edit]15th july[/edit]

IHN

not for you northern monkeys, no

I’m a northern monkey living in the land of the southern nancy, and I don’t seem to be doing any better down here.

Stop ****tb0ll0cking raining! Grr.

lowey

Todays ongoing deluge in Manchester and Lancashire really is horrendous though. Glad I made it out on Wednesday.

ell_tell
    Free Member

It really depends if I book a holiday abroad. If so then yes, it will be a heatwave in the UK guaranteed 8)

Clover

Book it now!

Bunnyhop

Todays ongoing deluge in Manchester and Lancashire really is horrendous though. Glad I made it out on Wednesday.

+1

ElShalimo

Here in Leeds, there’s an old bloke building a massive boat and loading it with animals, do you think he knows something we don’t?

Rosss
    Free Member

Here in Leeds, there’s an old bloke building a massive boat and loading it with animals, do you think he knows something we don’t?

I generally keep away from that kind. Trouble, the lot of them.

weirdnumber
    Free Member

I went out today 😕 It was ok as I was in the mindset that I was going to get soaked, until I had 2 flats in quick succession. The last one in a very exposed location. I was shivering so hard I could hardly control my bike after that and decided to call it a day. Had to ride back to Stockport in a driving wind as well 🙁
    The tow paths around Marple are terrible. Almost one continuous puddle and the River Goyt is very high as well.

Pieface

It was never like this under Labour

zoota

Was up swinley forest yesterday and rain was on and of, I biked all day in a madison flux t & got a little wet then dried out stayed warm when wet so was comfy ish how ever today I got soaked in my back garden whilst cleaning my boys bunny cage out which i hate doing.
    Come back sunshine or promise a dry winter as i quite like winter riding

stumpyjon

I think the floodings started in Rossendale, the water’s running down the middle of Burnley Road East into Waterfoot and it’s forescast to continue for another 24hrs. So glad I moved out of the bottom of the valley.

Bacup road, which is the main one through the valley is apparently shut in Waterfoot (aptly named). Lived just off that road for ten years and never saw it flood, yet alone get shut.

CountZero

Tomorrow, allegedly…

Clover

Road’s shut in Walsden…

[/url]
    IMG_2382 by BeateKubitz, on Flickr[/img]

phinbob

Top tip: Move to California.

We have rain forecast here, for October I think.

All I need now is for my bikes to arrive. What tyres for dust?

darrell
    Free Member

geez quit your whining

try living in Norway if you want shite weather

binners

At least in Norway you’ve got the compensation of living in a civilised society! In the north of England we get flooded and none of the chinless posh boys we laughingly refer to as a government are even aware we exist!

Sorry if that sounds a bit tetchy. I’m just bored shitless of getting constantly soaked!!! 🙁

RustySpanner

Clover, that’s about 30ft from my (just sold) house.
    Luckily I’m just up the grass bank past the shop.

D’ya reckon Tony will have a sale on? 🙂

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Never even heard of Walsden.Where is it?

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Between Todmorden and Littlebrough. Lovely little village with a banging chippy :-)Our work in Darwen has flooded and the main road was a river earlier on this evening.

Pembo
    Free Member

I saw 4 LeJog riders yesterday on the a49 a few miles south of Warrington at about 08:30. that would have been a character building day for them.

br
    Free Member

We rode Thu evening, at one point on top it was thick fog, raining and cold… June you say?

Clover

Walsden (how can you not heard of our famous chippy??) is ok now although there’s a lot of clear up to be done. I’ll post you a pic of the railway line later which was unbelievable, RustyS. Tony’s famous flood sale? There’s a rather delicious thought.

I’m just heading into Hebden where my shop survived by a whisker but Blazing Saddles and many others are in need of a mop. Blazings’ flood sale…. hmmmm another thought….

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Is it ever going to stop raining?’ is closed to new replies.