• This topic has 9 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by P20.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Is it cracked?
  • schrickvr6
    Free Member

Indeed it is 🙁

I’ve been so busy with work since I got back from Morzine on the 25th I haven’t had a chance to unpack it or sort it out, I was just putting it on my rack to pop up Cwmcarn and spotted this lurking behind my chainguide.

I’ve had a few frames repaired sucesfully but I’m guessing no-one in their right mind would try repairing such a big crack in such a high stress area?

And the most annoying thing? Warranty ran out on July 9th 🙁

Bonsoir

donsimon
    Free Member

If the warranty only ran out a couple of days ago, I’d give a warranty claim a go. It’s close enough for a generous company to build up their customer service bonus points, no?

almightydutch
    Free Member

Sheeeeeet I’d say your lucky that didnt fail when you were in the Alps mate.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Yikes, seeing that brought me out in a very cold sweat.

steve_b77
    Free Member

That could’ve smart a little 😯

trail_rat
    Free Member

thats foooked

robdeanhove
    Free Member

Ouch! Looks like you were lucky not to have a nasty accident on holiday.

I’d contact them directly as you might find they’ll at least help out with low cost replacements – getting failures back to them is valuable development info for their designers and is worth something to them, so they should give you a good deal on a new main triangle at least

Rob
    http://www.bigrobracing.co.uk

parkesie
    Free Member

Have a bash a warranty worst they can do is say get bent. More than likely honour the warranty as thats quite a failure.

Burls72
    Free Member

Poor show if they don’t at least offer an at cost replacement a crack like that doesn’t just happen (unless you crash).

P20

I’d definitely have a word with them, can’t harm

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Is it cracked?’ is closed to new replies.