Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Is it cheeky to….
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Ask for sponsorhip on the forum from people you don't know?

belgianbob

Probably, but they'll just ignore you if they're offended/not interested.
    I don't think you've got anything to lose, and if people are supportive of your charity, they'll stand to gain.

wwaswas

I'm sure Dom@Kinesis will sort something for you 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    foxyrider
    Free Member

oh cutting WW 😉

Doing the Tour of Britain 175Km charity ride for Prostate cancer – Just got around to finally registering and collecting sponsorhip.

http://www.prostatecancercharity.org.uk/Foxyrider

I know no one knows me but I thought if anyone is interested click the link 🙂 Just felt it is a bit cheeky – Anyway the worm is out the hat 😉

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

It isn't cheeky. What is, is when no one sponsors you, is to come on and moan and berate the forum members for not sponsoring you. Seen that happen a few times.

TreeWhatTree….
    Free Member

If your doing a 5k run then yes its cheeky, if you're doing something big, like daca-Ironman or biking round the world, then if you don't ask you dont get…….

Edit: sorry i was to slow….. 🙁

foxyrider
    Free Member

Ooops – Its not either of those 🙁

Trimix
    Free Member

It is cheeky but dont worry about it. I will not sponsor you and wont feel bad about it. Some may sponsor you and thats good.

I dont have a problem declining sponsorship but some people will. I admire people who do really big things for sponshorship, but the 'sponsor me Im going to walk 5k' really need to wake up and make a bigger effort.

LoCo
    Free Member

Mail me, Foxy. 😉

foxyrider
    Free Member

No worries Trimix – I don't expect anyone to sponsor me but cheeky by name cheeky by nature 🙂 Just asked my boss face to face 🙂

Edit: Simon YGM 🙂

roblerner
    Free Member

My rule is not to sponsor people for things they (or I) would enjoy doing. So I wouldn't sponsor a bike ride because I think you'd be having too much fun 😉

foxyrider
    Free Member

Pleasure / pain with the added "do a lot for charity mate" style rob 😉

epicyclo

done

racing_ralph
    Free Member

I ask an don't care about asking 🙂

Click here to sponsor me and help poorly kiddies

foxyrider
    Free Member

Thanks very much to epicyclo and Simon @ Loco tunning – very kind of you 🙂

Oh WOW and Jef (Wachowchow) – cheers very much guys

foxyrider
    Free Member

RR – you got funds 🙂

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Cheeky? Not really. A good cause is a good cause. Just post up shots of the ride so we believe you did it.

foxyrider
    Free Member

LOL – I will – doing it with a few friends 🙂 I'll get my mates/wife to take a piccy 🙂

racing_ralph
    Free Member

cheers foxyrider – very decent of you

foxyrider
    Free Member

my pleasure 🙂 Need all the money they can get 🙂 less for the tax man as well 🙂

steve_b77
    Free Member

It's worth asking, but don't expect much.

Much like asking work colleges, despite the fact they know you're doing something very worthwhile, they tend to be most stingy. As I found out trying to raise money for my recent London to Paris ride for Action Medical Research.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I certainly don't expect any from people I don't know, but your right some at work are prob the least likely – but it would also be much easier for me just to pay my £40 for the ride and not raise any money 😉

That's a fair way to Paris Steve – In one go? surely not?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Just like to thanks all the guys and gals on here that have sponsored a stranger 🙂

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Is it cheeky to….’ is closed to new replies.