Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Is it Autumn?
  • monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Bloody well feels like it.Cant even be bothered going out as I’m sick of getting wet.Monkey

P-Jay
    Free Member

No, Autumn starts on the 1st or 22nd of Sept depending on which measure you use.

Doesn’t make the weather any better, but changes are starting to happen – could easily be 30c again by the time the leaves turn brown.

Caher

Jet stream too far south needs to move a little north.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Drac

It can rain at anytime of the year it’s exclusive to seasons.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Leaves are starting to turn here already!

fifeandy
    Free Member

Can’t be autumn, summer didn’t start yet.
    Spring is certainly dragging on late this year though.

joat

My ears were a little chilly cycling to work this morning.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Woke at 0630, lovely clear blue skies but a relatively chilly start to the day, so held back on going for ride.

It started to warm up during the morning, but the cool breeze got stronger, so I held back.

Now the sky has turned dark grey, the wind has picked up a little more, but weather apps all tell me it will 100% stay dry… But out the window it looks like it could rain any time.

I’ve just shut the mancave window for the first time since ~April.

GG August autumn, gg indeed! 👿

SaxonRider

It’s gorgeous here in Belgium! I’ll be heading out for a ride shortly. /smug

mikey3
    Free Member

Yeah but your are still in Belgium.

zippykona

It’s called Augtumn from now on.
    Lovely here darn sarf though.

vickypea
    Free Member

I’ve noticed for several years that some horse chestnuts start going brown in early August- is that normal or a disease?
    Blackberries are ripe here.

bruneep

Ok today NE Scotland.

Not great but dont expect it to be super warm as long as its dry.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Seems to be threatening rain here all the time.The rain on St Swithans day was a warning I suppose.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Suns art, tats art..

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Strange how the brambles are out before the end of July.

scotroutes

Super up here in Caithness today. Maybe you need to move North.

itstig

The horse chesnuts’ leafs go brown early because of leaf miners eating the inside layers of them causing early die back.

Drac

Yeah that’s pretty normal depending on where you live but late July though September is their season, a bit late further north.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Sunny Surrey, still can get sunburnt. Also the ferns are still in full kill mode, though the odd shower isn’t helping, but it’s warm breeze, warm rain. British summer to me.

When it’s dark, miserable wet, windy and cold, then it’s more autumnal. Still fun to ride though 😀

vickypea
    Free Member

Yeah that’s pretty normal depending on where you live but late July though September is their season, a bit late further north.

I’m in the north west and I’m sure they are a bit earlier than usual this year.

footflaps

I’ve been in the garden all day in T shirt and shorts, so I reckon it’s still summer….

ahwiles
    Free Member

I’m digging out thermals for tomorrow morning’s ride to work, so I reckon it’s getting a bit ‘back end-ish’…

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

May as well be, Mrs EGF’s put the heating on.

Except I’ve turned it off again. 8)

Drac

I’m in the north west and I’m sure they are a bit earlier than usual this year.

http://www.self-sufficient.co.uk/Picking-Wild-Blackberries.htm

vickypea
    Free Member

May as well be, Mrs EGF’s put the heating on.

Except I’ve turned it off again.

Mr Pea turned the heating on last night and I told him to put something warm on!

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Promise of sunshine in Middlesbrough today.Got my Camera ready just in case.

NZCol

Hailed in Edinburgh on Sat, i was at the highest possible point I could get to on my ride …. delightful.

iainc

a great day of riding on Arran yesterday, however it was epically wet, Soaked Right Through. Decent jackets, waterproof shorts, nae chance against the monsoon that prevailed…. Sun came out when we were on the ferry home….

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

It’s back and warm!Sounds a bit grim Iain.Hope you don’t go all Clarkson.Neil

fifeandy
    Free Member

Monsoon arrived here in Dundee.
    I reckon we’ve just had a months worth of rain in 10-15mins and its still bucketing down.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m surprised the Sun came out this afternoon.

It could be that Planet thats about to crash into the Earth..

corroded
    Free Member

The swifts have flown, the blackberries are out: summer’s over.

dropoff

Swifts are still flying here, although the bird song changed 3 weeks ago to their autumnal sounds. Oh and Vickypea, the horse chestnuts have a moth infestation which causes the leaves to die

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Now am sunburnt.Makes a change from wet.

matt_outandabout

In the last three days of riding and hillwalking I’ve had rain and sloppy winter bog and mud, strong warm winds and sunburn, calm midge filled summers evening with glorious sunset and cool 10* morning with torrential rain.

We don’t do settled seasons in the uk…

ahsat

I’ve started on servicing the wood burner and ordering in the wood…feels like it’s use is only just around the corner…

dawson

Some of the ferns have started turning brown and the nettles are staying down rather than growing back (north Notts)

the-muffin-man

Not even had my summer holiday yet. 🙁

And it’s in the UK – luckily not camping though.

kimbers

Cycle to the station today ended in wet toes, family of ducks seemed to be loving it

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Is it Autumn?’ is closed to new replies.