Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Is it always good go roller saw muscles.
  • bigsurfer
    Free Member

I have been suffering with knee pain caused by the ITB. It helps to roller and stretch it. My calves are also tight if I roller the outside of the calf just below the knee it is very sore even if I roller it pretty gently and remains sore afterwards. Do people think I need to persevere, I have only been rollering the exact spot that hurts for a few days.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

bathe in epsom salts

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Regarding your knee – it’s probably not a good idea to go rolling the nerve that runs pretty much where you’re rollering.

fadda

Google how to stretch your piriformis muscle – what manifests as ITB pain is often helped by this.

geologist
    Free Member

For the sake of 30 quid go and see a sports therapist/ physio and get their recommendations.
    Foam rolling regularly at home is all that keeps some people going, but It can do a lot of harm if not done properly.

bigsurfer
    Free Member

I have been to see 2 different physio’s and they have recommended rollering it is just a small spot on the outside top end of my calf muscle that is very tender. If I can t get a definitive answer I will go back to the physio.

badnewz
    Free Member

Rolling only helps superficially, so won’t do much for an actual knee injury.

barrykellett
    Free Member

fadda – Member
    Google how to stretch your piriformis muscle – what manifests as ITB pain is often helped by this.

This.
    Every knee pain I ever get comes directly from there and a block of heavy training where I neglect stretching and recovery for too long.
    Wife is the same.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Is it always good go roller saw muscles.’ is closed to new replies.