Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Is it all over?
  • Matt24k
    Free Member

Have the festivities finished? Can we all get back to being normal again?
    I spent the whole period working and being blissfully unaware in an Islamic country. Did I miss much?
    I Hope you enjoyed yours as much as I enjoyed opting out. I may not have any pressies but I don’t have a monster credit card bill to look forward to either.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Thanks for sharing. Any other slightly condescending view points you wish to share.

Great week here normal credit card bill and some joy and happiness.

Matt24k
    Free Member

Any other slightly condescending view points you wish to share

Hang on while I jump off my high horse to check 😀

flap_jack
    Free Member

well, I had a great time catching up with friends and riding when possible. no presents, no monster bills but really chilled.

hope everyone else had a great break too. no opt-in or out, just enjoyed yule and the festival of the rebirth of the sun.

jota180
    Free Member

Had plenty of good food and drink with family and friends, it’s been a pretty good couple of weeks all in.
    Credit card? Nah, rarely use them, last time was to pay for some flights a couple of months ago

mamadirt
    Free Member

the festival of the rebirth of the sun.

I like that flap jack 😛 won’t be long now . . . er, maybe.

Just beginning to wind down here after a very busy week tied to the kitchen (how do I ride my bike again 😉 ), several pounds heavier (me, not the bike) and yes, I’m sure we’ll have the massive credit card bill . . . hopefully though because of the Easter Vancouver flights to visit my youngest son 😛 (first Christmas without my baby . . . sniff). It’s been a good one! (miss you Woz!)

kimbers

no cc bill here!
    bought most of the pressies in october

had a great time with the family, parents, uncles, aunts, nephews, cousins and my 2 youngsters, whom I got to spend loads of time with

now to plan my races for 2013!

to the OP if it irks you so much that you feel the need to post , perhaps next year you should forgo the overseas bonus and spend xmas at home with friends and family?

McHamish
    Free Member

How was EID?

theboatman
    Free Member

Did I miss much?

I guess only you can answer that based on your usual experience of xmas at home.

My xmas period has been rubbish, as i have worked just about every festive hour possible whilst my wife and daughter have had a ball with family at the other side of the country. I don’t really care how much money they spent provided they had fun. We know one of the downsides to my job is the amount of work, and my heart is busting to see me little girl again on the 3rd. Everyone does it differently, i hope the op had a great time and i also hope he finds the peace that helps sort his need to be so much better than the rest of us.

Matt24k
    Free Member

Wow some of you guys are a bit over sensitive. I was hoping to put a light hearted spin on the usual post Christmas period as I had “missed” the whole thing. In no way do I feel better than the rest of you. I was just merely trying to underline the fact that this year was a bit different for me.
    I’ll crawl back under a rock or maybe post on mumsnet next time as they probably have thicker skins than some of you seem to have.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Yep, it’s definitely all over. Hostilities have resumed on STW etc

Bazz

Did I miss much?

Flu
    Norovirus
    4 feet of rain

Happy new year! 😀

lazybike
    Free Member

Yep, it’s definitely all over. Hostilities have resumed on STW etc

🙂

duckman

OP tries to troll and then complains that the rest of us are over sensitive. If you had been here you may have met somebody who GAS about you over the hols, then you might have got the hug you obviously need.

Drac

Nope.

Finished nights at 7am, fed and watered now I’m on the sauce.

Dad dancing around the house.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv1mp_J9PRs[/video]

kimbers

for the op

theboatman
    Free Member

OP tries to troll and then complains that the rest of us are over sensitive

It appears to be a festive twist on the Edinburgh defense, nice work op.

noteeth
    Free Member

After a sh!te day at work, I wasn’t in the mood to go out… but then I did, and it was ace.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

OP tries to troll and then complains that the rest of us are over sensitive

Because clearly you are over sensitive. Get a grip FFS.

duckman

Because clearly you are over sensitive. Get a grip FFS.

Deliberate irony?

CountZero

I may not have any pressies but I don’t have a monster credit card bill to look forward to either.

I had pressies, and no monster credit card bill. No credit card, see…. (Sorry, can’t see an emoticon for ‘smug’ ) 😆

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Is it all over?’ is closed to new replies.