Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Is impressed (HTC Desire content)
  • Other than being totally blown away with the phones awesomeness compared to it’s Nokia predecessor, found a useful feature today.

I have tversity set up on my laptop as a media server (primarily for XBox, as Windows Media Centre is painfully slow). Whilst browsing music on my phone I hit a button and it searched for music servers, finding tversity and thus giving me wireless streaming access to all the music on my hard drive.

Mebbe old news to some users, but I found it useful.

spooky_b329

Will it find the music on my network hard drive with an itunes server thingummy? Will have to have a play…

dvatcmark
    Free Member

Can you let me know where the search button is , I’ve looked everywhere on my desires music player but can’t seem to find it anywhere

Dunno, but it found both tversity and Windows Media Centre – apart from WMC being slow I haven’t tried it on the phone as sharing rights haven’t been set up yet.

I would imagine it will find any media servers available on your wireless network.

It’s a Desire HD btw, but when on Album, Artist, or Playlist menu, there is a musical note icon with two circles below it on the right of the toolbar at the bottom of the screen – hit this and it brings up available servers.

dvatcmark – just noticed your username.

Been riding from the Church in on Tuesdays lately?

Been out with your crew a few times, but not for some time now (I’m the unfit one from Darley Dale, usually on some incarnation of a Spesh Enduro)

dvatcmark
    Free Member

Mines just a desire so probably hasn’t got that feature .

Haven’t ridden from the church inn for a while now , we moved the start of a few rides to other pubs in the area. We still start some rides from there though . We are next there it the start of march for a ride round Carlton lees. All the rides for the year are up on our website if you fancy coming out one night

Not sure about the standard Desire, but just done a quick search and saw a post on Android forums about it definitely being possible, but it may be via an app.

Cheers for the ride offer, but due to setting up my own business and working away a lot have only been out a handful of times this year with my usual Thursday night Church Inn riding crew.

I seem to remember that even when reasonably fit your lot crucified me – most impressed at the singlespeeder who sailed past me (whilst I was spinning in granny) out of Ambergate on the final leg of a Crich Chase/Shining Cliff ride.

I know Muffin Man (Tim) reasonably well and got on pretty well with Dangerous Dave also, but not sure if they get out with you much these days.

Got round to taking some photo’s

It’s the icon in the bottom right…

That’s now green and media servers listed on page…

spooky_b329

My Desire not HD doesn’t appear to have that button. But its OK as it seems to have others that are missing on yours :p

Are you using the standard media player?

maxray
    Free Member

I use Twonky on my Desire for DLNA stuff.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Is impressed (HTC Desire content)’ is closed to new replies.