Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Is humanity becoming less spiritual or civilised and more feral?
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

“the idea of the past being better has always been a part of human existence”

Societies rise, and they fall. The evils that plagued the ancients, plague humanity now. As a species have we not become better than our ancestors? Probably not. Nor worse.

I do enjoy kaesae’s posts: always a bit bonkers but always thought provoking.

kaesae
    Free Member

Bonkers 💡

I’ve graduated to being bonkers woohooo!

I is officially bonkers 😀

I’d like to thank my mouth for helping me eat, my lungs for helping me breath and my ASS! for helping me not be too full of shit ❗

There have always been feral, uncivilised/conditioned people, however can anyone name a period in the history of our race, when there have been quite so many ❓

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Hmmm. Yes. Well.

What does “spiritual” mean, exactly?

mrmo
    Free Member

however can anyone name a period in the history of our race, when there have been quite so many

Well, i have heard it said that there are more Humans currently alive than have ever died, so in absolute terms, yes there probably are more $hits running round. As a propotion of the population, same as ever.

MrsToast
    Free Member

However if you look at the attitude and behaviour of people from say the 50’s when technology wasn’t essential or wide spread and then follow it through to the 60’s 70’s 80’s 90’s then 2000’s too now, for me there is a distinct shift in attitude/philosophy and subsequent bevaviour

I think things have improved massively.

* Racism, whilst still exists, is far less normalised and generally seen as being ‘bad thing’ nowadays.

* Unlike the 50s, women aren’t expected to give up work and start popping out kids as soon as they get married. They don’t even have to get married! Rape and domestic violence within marriage are now illegal, unlike in the 50s.

* Gay people are legally allowed to have relationships

I feel that as a nation, we’ve come on a long way over the past 60 years.

Cougar

There have always been feral, uncivilised/conditioned people, however can anyone name a period in the history of our race, when there have been quite so many

Can you name one where there hasn’t?

There’s two differences these days I think. Firstly, we’re so much better at reporting “antisocial behaviour” and various other social crimes these days, so it feels like we’re up to the fetlocks in feral kids, paedophiles, rapists and all the rest when we’re probably just catching more (and the media are so very quick to splash newspaper-selling headlines at the first sniff of an angle).

Secondly, I think it’s considerably harder for kids these days when we take delight in expending so much energy telling them that they’re feral scumbags who’ll never amount to anything. It’s a self-fulfilling prophecy, you’ve only got yourself to blame.

And as an aside, non of this has anything to do with spiritualism. People are moral (or amoral) despite doctrine, not because of it.

yunki
    Free Member

kaesae.. I love you and that’s all that matters

joao3v16
    Free Member

I feel that as a nation, we’ve come on a long way over the past 60 years

Quick look on the interwebs suggests otherwise…

UK oesophageal cancer rate is worst in Europe
    Worst place to live in Europe
    Biggest binge-drinking/alcohol abuse problem in Europe
    Biggest teenage pregnancy problem in Europe
    Biggest obesity problem in Europe
    Worst teenage drug issue in Europe
    Worst quality of life in Europe
    Amongst worst in Europe for ageism & care of the elderly

And, er, worst in Europe for broadband throttling 😕

Yep, we’ve come far …

mrmo
    Free Member

UK oesophageal cancer rate is worst in Europe
    Worst place to live in Europe
    Biggest binge-drinking/alcohol abuse problem in Europe
    Biggest teenage pregnancy problem in Europe
    Biggest obesity problem in Europe
    Worst teenage drug issue in Europe
    Worst quality of life in Europe
    Amongst worst in Europe for ageism & care of the elderly

And, er, worst in Europe for broadband throttling

Yep, we’ve come far …

And the figures 60 years ago were? remember we had just some out of the second world war, rationing was still in place (finished in 1954), just undertaking a major rebuilding program to rebuild the destroyed housing stock, TB still widespread, etc, etc.

Mike_D
    Free Member

Worst… in Europe

Now compare Europe to most of the rest of the world and get back to us 🙂

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

No, not compared with 1939-45, or the middle ages, or even outside Barbarella’s in the 70s.

Would that be Barbarella’s in Plymouth?

joeegg
    Free Member

Yes,move to a better area.The problem is the scum seem to be able to afford to run a car on their social security handouts so can now travel to blight other areas once they have trashed their own.
    These people have no respect at all for anyone else or the living environment.
    But what “role models” do they have?
    Foul mouthed multi millionaire footballers,obnoxious so called celebrities, and the greedy institutions which now run our economy.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Theres only one word to describe all this – Koyaanisqatsi

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=546AUDxeHKs[/video]

yunki
    Free Member

These people have no respect at all for anyone else or the living environment.
    But what “role models” do they have?
    Foul mouthed multi millionaire footballers,obnoxious so called celebrities, and the greedy institutions which now run our economy.

It’s ironic that in my experience.. (37 years living amongst the ‘scum’ that you describe..) most of the motivation behind the refusal to abide by societies laws.. most of the driving force that stops these people from joining the rat race and earning a living.. the thing that makes them think it’s ok to play the system and spend your hard earned tax on their low rent lifestyles.. the utter lack of respect..

is the horrific sense of shame they would feel if they stooped to your level..
    they see the law abiding tax payer’s “role models” as being foul mouthed multi millionaire footballers, obnoxious so called celebrities, and the greedy institutions which now run our economy.. and nothing could be more abhorrent to them than buying into the whole turgid system and conforming to that odious stereotype..

in my experience..

ironic innit..?

joeegg
    Free Member

Shame ?.They seem to be proud of how many ASBO’s they’ve got.
    Seen the pics of the looting in London during the riots ?
    The low life were even proud of nicking a bag of Basmati !
    I could never stoop to their level.Trackie bottoms do nothing for me !

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Sorry kaesae didn’t mean to risk offence – I didn’t say you were bonkers, just your chat posts! I do find some of your posts really off-the-wall, but always entertaining and always thought provoking. And that’s what matters.
    🙂

yunki
    Free Member

kaesae
    Free Member

@buzz-lightyear no offence I was just mucking about, humour is essential for keeping stress levels down, plus I am happy to be thought of as bonkers, I am also thankful that I have an ass 😉

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Is humanity becoming less spiritual or civilised and more feral?’ is closed to new replies.