Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Is Greno open yet?
  • ads678

Just wondering if Greno woods is open yet after the trail works they were doing?

warpcow
    Free Member

Opens again Saturday, according to the This is Sheffield FB.

ads678

Cheers, was thinking of going after works tomorrow but won’t bother in that case.

ElectricWorry
    Free Member

Twitter says Pub Run is open today. Steel City and DH3 due to reopen on Saturday.

Hopefully pop through on the way back down from Wharnie tonight and see how pub run…..runs.

flyingmonkeycorps

Pub Run is open now, Steel City and Bullet Run are opening on Saturday. You could always have a play in Wharny as well…

ads678

Which is which? I assume steel city is the main one that the race is on? Is pub run on the left or right of that?

Yeah will probably go to Wharny instead.

rjc1980
    Free Member

Steel City track is the one in the middle.

If you are at the top of the Steel City track facing downhill as if you ready to set off, Pub Run is on your right.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Pub run is on the right, that was open last weekend when I was there.
    It needed a bit of bedding in, the new surface was a bit soft but might be ok now.

Had a walk up steel city too, it’s very smooth compared to what it was like before. I’m not sure how it will hold up if there is much rain, its still very soft on top and doesn’t look like it will drain too well.

ads678

Ah thought so, will give it a miss tomorrow but now the days are getting longer i’ll be down there for a few after works rides.

ridesheffield
    Free Member

All tracks are now open (as of 10am this friday)
    They have been resurfaced with the same material as when they were originally built, so it is as smooth as when it was first made, but not when compared to when it was closed.
    Some bits are smoother and some bits are rougher – but generally its ace and as it has had chance to bed properly now it should drain well and be a lot more weatherproof

Feedback always welcome

Get out and enjoy it!

ads678

Schaweeeet! 😀

Tracey

Abigale has been up there and in Wharncliffe most of the day. She says the new tracks are running smooth and fast. Lets hope they are in as good nick for Steel City DH.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Is Greno open yet?’ is closed to new replies.