Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • is going downhill harder than climbing..
  • chris_mbuk
    Free Member

went out for a few hours today, did a bit of both as you do, few ups to come down and some of the decents i did knackered me out, don’t know if they were just really rocky taking it all out of me and my hands felt like they were going to drop off at the end lol , who else finds the downhills breath taking

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I imagine someone’s going to come along and tell you you need to work on your upper body strength or something, if you ask me.

coogan
    Free Member

Find both can wear we me out the same amount, but in different parts of the body. Although if anything, going downhill gets damn sight more effort from me than climbing. Going downhill is the by far the best one to do as far as I’m concerned!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cynic-al
    Free Member

I could climb all day but tough DH trails waste me quickly.

I am xcjeyboy though.

coogan
    Free Member

You is awesum at the downhill though, wicked.

_tom_
    Free Member

Long dh runs hurt the back of my legs and make my feet ache, usually have to slow down and take a seat around halfway down.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I ride mine out of the saddle mostly.

Whose seat do you take?

slowrider
    Free Member

I’m t’other way, uphill slaughters me!

brakes
    Free Member

it’s a different kind of tired – I’m never smiling at the top of a knackering uphill, but am often beaming at the bottom of tiring downhill

GEDA
    Free Member

20 mins climb against a 3 minute descent I know which takes the most effort. I love besting a technical climb as it does not require as much risk compared to the level I could push myself on and downhill. A days downhill or uplift takes it out of you. If you are self propelled then its going to be the climbs and sludge.

MSP

You get to control your effort going uphill, downhill slowing down doesn#t really help make it any easier.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

yea i get aches in the feet and hands and the back of my legs, weird as its downhill but then again depends what kind of downhill it is, its its a long singletrack nice and smooth and choppys its awesome but i was just doing big rocks/steps/roots this morning and i was buggered by the end was awesome though!

coogan
    Free Member

I tried going from top of Whistler to the bottom all in one go and see how long it would take me. There was a pro-race a few months previous so see just how far away from the winning time I’d be. So off I went, was bloody hard work and was knackered at the bottom. Sore legs, arms, back, sholders etc etc. took all in 25 minutes I think. But then found out Sam Hill won the race (tougher track top to bottom too) in about 13mins.

13MINS. 😯

I went for a pint. And a sit down…

rudedog
    Free Member

I find climbing more tiring, probably because its so dull.

Northwind

A day’s uplift leaves me far more tired than a day’s normal up + down riding. Legs still get a workout but the arms and brain get absolutely hammered. Though I do lack upper body strength, and possibly brain strength

Pieface

Depends entirely on the difficulty of either and your determination to complete them.

BearBack
    Free Member

Depends if you hold your breath while descending 😉

Funny helmet cam footage of a mate riding some techy stuff in Whistler and he wont breath while in the hard stuff.. waits for an easy section to catch his breath. He NEVER knew he did it till we watched the footage!

Would tire you out if you’ve continuous techy sections with no ‘breathing break’

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘is going downhill harder than climbing..’ is closed to new replies.