Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Post mount fork to post mount brake caliper without an adapter?
  • Duane…
    Free Member

Got my new Reba today, but forgot to get an adapter (old fork was IS) to fit my Avid Juicy to it, to run a 185 rotor.

Can I just use a shed load of washers to push the caliper away from the fork posts for now (the proper adapter is just a long tube washer)? How far do I need to push it out by?

Ta, Duane.

wwaswas

so you now have a post mount fork and an IS caliper?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

IS fork / IS calliper does not need an adaptor at all – and the bolt holes are across the bike. do you mean post mount?

Duane…
    Free Member

Sorry, got the title the wrong way round.

Want to mount my Juicy to a post mount fork.

wwaswas

sneaky thread title adjustment…

the answer is use the right thing for the job. I’m not sure a 20mm stack of washers and overlong bolt would give me confidence in my front brake.

wwaswas

don’t the angles change when you space the caliper out with the proper adapter – the top stays closer to the stanchion than the bottom?

mintimperial

The right thing for the job will set you back a whopping seven quid. Your call.

the top stays closer to the stanchion than the bottom

Other way round with the proper Avid mount, but yes the angle changes slightly I think.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Have you got a 160 rotor – then you can direct mount it

nuke

Do you have a 160 rear adapter spare as a similar question came up recently…
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/avid-is-disc-adapter-front

Duane…
    Free Member

I don’t well, I do on the back, but run a 185 on the front. Washers would be just so I can get the bike rolling today, probably order the proper adapter anyway. Just wondering if anyone knows how much I’d have to space top and bottom out by for now.

Duane…
    Free Member

Nope, the only post adapters I have are both front 160s.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Post mount fork to post mount brake caliper without an adapter?’ is closed to new replies.