Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Is football worth it?
  • mikey74
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SnKe6TND58[/video]

No. Brazil and FIFA should be ashamed of themselves. As should the rest of the world who do nothing.

PS: I know Brazil has a history of institutionalized violence and corruption, unrelated to football events.

tails
    Free Member

Seems no different to the way police act in other countries. The protestors are complaining that the government are spending more on the world cup than transport issues, prices are rising I think. Brasil does have transport issues a non existant rail network and extremely limited subway, especially in RJ in part that is due to boring through granite. Brasil is getting much more wealthy, unfortunately the wealth is not distributed well.

I could easily push your question on 4 years and say “Are the Olympics worth it”

jools182
    Free Member

in answer to the original question

No

mikey74
    Free Member

I could easily push your question on 4 years and say “Are the Olympics worth it”

Indeed, but football is more topical, on this occasion.

They have pushed up public transport prices which is affecting the poorest as they rely on the trains and buses to get around.

You don’t get many police around the world so publicly shooting at the press, although many in the UK country probably deserve it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Is football worth it?’ is closed to new replies.