Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Is fifth gear now better than top gear?
  • timdrayton
    Free Member

Cos last episode was.

I like clarkson and the others but fith gear seem to be aceing it

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Only as much as Last of the Summer Wine is better than Father Ted.

john_drummer
    Free Member

it’s what Top Gear used to be

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Garry_Lager

What’s better – cat shit or dog shit? Hard to say – it’s a question for the philosophers.

IHN

Top Gear is getting tired now. It’s too self-aware and trying too hard.

djglover
    Free Member

Fifth gear, testing cars you can just about afford round a track in wales. Top gear, burning bangers or driving exotica you’ll never afford.

Both a bit different, I prefer 5th gear now though.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Will sir be be removing the left or right testicle with this rusty breadknife?

xcstu
    Free Member

No!

nicko74

No, because while Jason Potato is bonafide, VBH is a shadow of her former self, and the big hairy bloke is just there for comedy value. Top Gear is the more entertaining, if not really about the cars any more

edhornby

they’ve run out of ideas on TG, the last series was about 5 episodes and there was half the content they used to have in the earlier series

pedalhead
    Free Member

I was thinking the same just last week. Most recent series of TG was weak & too short, almost like they were resting on their laurels. 5th Gear is obviously trying to step it up & pitch themselves as the “proper” petrolhead show. I reckon they’re definitely narrowing the gap.

IdleJon

I’m fascinated by the fact that VBH’s top lip never moves..

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

it’s what Top Gear used to be

yeah, in the good old days when it used to be fronted by Noel Edmonds

WTF
    Free Member

Camera work on fifth gear is awful in comparison to top gear.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

The quality of the films in top gear is miles ahead of fifth gear. The big hairy fella on 5th just reads off a sheet and copies others opinions in his Subday Times articles. Top gear presenters are charicatures of what they were. I like seeing exotica, if I wanted to know what a new Clio etc… Was like I would go to the nearest garage. I know it’s about balance but I’d sooner see a new programr with exotica being driven hard, filmed well in gorgeous locations and with passionate presenters.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Is fifth gear now better than top gear?’ is closed to new replies.