Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Is everything out of stock at Hope?
  • crashtestdougie
    Free Member

Did the whole factory have a works outing to somewhere directly under the volcanic ash cloud for the last month – I cannot for the life of me find any hope hoops in stock, and if you want to see what a column of the phrase "out of stock" 10 lines high looks like, click on CRC custom build wheels.

I was after a front wheel with a pro 2 hub (20mm axle) with something like 721 rims – I'd even go for 717 or 321 rims. Looks like I'm going to have to go for a Pro 2 build with DT 4.2s for £92 quid.

If any kind soul sees what I was originally after in stock anywhere, let me know (not sure what the width of the 4.2 equates to in Shimano speak so hdifficult to compare – I'll keep looking)

Alternatively if someone tells me that the DT deal is a good one, I'm happy to be swayed.

Cheers all

coatesy
    Free Member

4.2 is similar to Mavic 717, not sure exactly what we've got in stock, but we've got a couple at Sunset. Give us a call tomorrow and i'll let you know-02920371321.

trailmonkey

avoid 4.2's, remember what happened to mine in morzine ? go for the 5.1's or the budget e540's (£10 a pop on CRC).

MSP

stans flow

tron
    Free Member

When I was looking for rims, the 5.1s had a very bad name compared to the 521s.

igm

Another for the Flow

Del

I have a wheel you can borrow in the meantime. try colin lewis in paignton for a build. they've just done a couple of wheels for a mate on pro 2, one of which was a 719 ( the other a clown size ).

crashtestdougie
    Free Member

Cheers all – I'll try LBS – I really wanted a 721 rim so maybe keep looking.

Del, might take you up on that loaner – it's for Sonja not me so it should stay straight 🙂

Thanks Coatesy – just picked this up and will prob try local first, unless you have a 721. If I'm gonna wait I might as well get what I was originally planning on – Pro 2 on 721 with black spokes.

Doug

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Is everything out of stock at Hope?’ is closed to new replies.