Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)
  • Is everyone filming everything now?
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Or is it only a matter of time?

Two examples from the weekend;

Strolling through Stockbridge en route to lunch on Saturday, chap went by, out for a jog. Wearing a GoPro Chesty, replete with blinky light. He was filming from his chest, as he went jogging.

This morning, strolled to the village shop to buy the paper, Lotus Elise came past with not one, not two, but three of the bloody things attached.

So, when do we reach peak filmage?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrgPIfNwByQ[/video]

mikey74
    Free Member

I was at a music festival last weekend and there was a fellow in one of the mosh pits wearing a chest-mounted Go Pro. If I didn’t have my glasses on I’d have jumped in the pit and slapped him about a bit 😆

singlespeedstu

I’ve not used mine for a couple of years.
    Maybe I should fit it to my helmet. 😉

Do they make an extra small clamp? 😳

ton

i have got to the stage where i cant even be arsed to take photo’s, nevermind filming.

i really hate technology, i hate uploading stuff, i want a phone that just lets you call or text, nothing else at all. are these available?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am filming myself typing this reply

that pause was me doing the nescafe coffee sign in your general direction 😉

scotroutes

All phones allow call or text. You don’t have to use any of the other stuff and it won’t work without a data network

ton

yes, but it is there as a option on the screen. i dont want it, nothing. just numbers to call or txt.

Stoner
    Free Member

I watched the Vulcan yesterday.

I only took a pair of binoculars.
    It seemed I was alone in that.

v8ninety

It is getting daft. Was at centre parcs recently, and spotted a 3yo in the kiddy pool area wearing a chesty with a go pro blinking away on it… Just plain odd. Who’s going to actually watch this stuff?

scotroutes

But you can take it all off the screen

singlespeedstu

Stoner.
    Vid or it didn’t happen. 😉

ton

But you can take it all off the screen

how?

scotroutes

Ask a 10 year old to do it for you!

chambord
    Free Member

I just got a go pro for my birthday.

I recorded myself feeding the guinea pigs the other day.

cynic-al
    Free Member

OP this says a lot about your village…and not much else!

Ton I have my mums old pensioner mobile for sale, many other basic models available for the tech free hipster.

deadkenny
    Free Member

There’s a bunch of phones made for old people that are just a phone and do nothing else but calls and texts, and have big clumsy finger buttons. 😉

Though you could just dig out an old Nokia. A 3310 likely still works and bet the battery still has enough charge to last three weeks. Though it does come with Snake so that makes it a bit more than just a phone 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

this says a lot about your village…and not much else!

How’s that then?

First instance wasn’t even here, and the second was a car I’ve never seen around the village before, so I assume it just happened to be driving through.

How does that “say a lot” about where I live? 😐

ton

sounds perfect

daftvader
    Free Member

Most of the people where CFH lives wouldn’t know what a go pro was, unless they were talking golf!! 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😀

Sadly, there are a few too many golfists, not quite over run with them though! However, plenty of folks ride, too! (And fish, obviously!)

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ooh, a bit defensive there Flashy?

Factual error accepted. Where is it you live then?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Not defensive, just wondering why you needed to do one of your usual grumpy barbed comments, really. Hence asking how you thought this said a lot about where I live. When you don’t know where I live!

Am in North Hampshire. It’s rather nice, really.

Anyway, back on track, if you would be so kind….

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Evening ride at the Punchbowl and v few people to be seen enjoying the late evening sun, except a drone pilot at the Gibbet.

I think we are done for Cap’n.

daftvader
    Free Member

True… But getting a fishing permit for tge river is not an option… A lot of it is invite only.

DickBarton

Ton – Lidl were doing a phone that was shock/dust and water-proof for about £35 – looks like an old-style candybar shaped phone, probably did a few things but it wasn’t a smartphone so if it did do anything fancy, you had to go looking for it – so call and text were pretty much all it did.

brooess
    Free Member

It hasn’t even started yet, there’s more to come…

All hell’s going to break loose once live video streaming apps go mass

Live Video Streaming

And when camera drones go mass… well that’s already begun

In some ways our obsession with tech is bad – witness the beautiful view from the top of Holmbury Hill yesterday and some woman failing to enjoy it, but stood there fiddling with her phone all the time we were there… there goes her chance to send a bit of dopamine flying round her bloodstream…

On the other hand, notice how many people who’ve been getting away with doing very bad things for decades are getting found out now. It’s getting harder and harder to hide things now so many people can capture and broadcast what other people are doing…

matt_outandabout

I take pics. When I remember the camera.
    No video. Ever.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Oh stop being so touchy!

Both incidents were in your locality yes?

See you on a watch/spoon thread soon :mrgreen:

molgrips
    Free Member

i want a phone that just lets you call or text, nothing else at all. are these available?

Yes, plenty – go into a phone shop and ask them, instead of sitting on the internet complaining 🙂

scotroutes

This has got to be a wind-up though??

Q. “Where will I keep a note of all those passwords”
    A. “In a big red book clearly marked Internet Address and Password Logbook

CountZero

There’s a bunch of phones made for old people that are just a phone and do nothing else but calls and texts, and have big clumsy finger buttons.

Though you could just dig out an old Nokia. A 3310 likely still works and bet the battery still has enough charge to last three weeks. Though it does come with Snake so that makes it a bit more than just a phone
    I’ve got one of these you can have if you want it. Probably needs a new battery, but may well be ok, on Orange, but should be easy to unlock:

TBH, I can’t say I’ve seen any particular upsurge in the use of video cameras, like GoPro’s, in fact, the only time I’m ever aware of people filming is at gigs, which doesn’t bother me over much either, probably because I’m always at the front…

shermer75
    Free Member

I’ve also stopped taking photos of stuff, I know it makes me a grumpy old man but everyone does it so much I’m a bit sick of it!

Junkyard
    Free Member

But where do you write down where you put the book

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

It all started going wrong with birth videos! And sharing them after dinner….

Gosh, your wife looks very well doesn’t she! 😉

joshvegas
    Free Member

I nearly videoed myself projectile vomiting on thursday but I was worried I’d shit myself finding the camera 🙁

scotroutes

I’m marketing a fridge magnet for that

mark90
    Free Member

I heard that on the internet there are even videos of people making the beast with two backs 😯

aracer
    Free Member

Yeah, I saw that…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Is everyone filming everything now?’ is closed to new replies.