Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • is eurosport player better quality than the free options?
  • muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Was going to sign up for eurosport player to watch the rest of the giro but after having played the sample video that they supply the quality doesn’t look any better than the free feeds accessible via cyclingfans.com. If I was paying for it I was expecting something of iplayer sort of standard.

So is the quality of the streamed video pants or is it a worthwhile improvement on the free feeds?

trail_rat
    Free Member

well it could be your connection making your players default to shite res ?

i have eurosport player on my iphone and ipad and subscribe and its amazing quality(even on 3g) compared to the freebee ones i used to use for the TDF – that were always going blocky , freezing crashing etc …

upscales onto my telly via ATV no bother as well unlike film four who are a bunch of **** and dont let you mirror content to ATV.

for me 2.99 a month is well worth it due to the ability to watch eurosport anywhere in the world – and there is always something on eurosport worth watching when your bored 😀

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The Giro Facebook page were promoting this link to their own streaming player…

http://videochat.gazzetta.it/index_Radiocorsa01.shtml?c=Ciclismo_Libero

Latest Singletrack Videos
    muppetWrangler
    Free Member

connection is a steady 34-36 Mb/sec.

It could well be that the sample video was a poor quality as it may have been just to test the systems ability to play the video rather than to demonstrate playback quality.

Just want to confirm that the quality improvement is worthwhile. So far it sounds like it is.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i would take a photo to show you what im watching just now via iphone -but my iphone is my camera 😉

sitting nicely under my monitor so i can pretend im working:D

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Just checked mf’s link.

Quality looks about the same as all the other freebie feeds. Watchable at a small size but a bit blocky and indistinct.

trail_rat
    Free Member

thoughts – its not an office pc is it ? our media streaming is seriously thottled – almost impossible to watch a video !

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

thoughts – its not an office pc is it ? our media streaming is seriously thottled – almost impossible to watch a video !

Work from home, so there shouldn’t be anything causing an obvious bottleneck.

Think I might go for the one month £4.99 trial just to test it out then if it’s all good then go for the continual £2.99 option.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

If you play the sample video at the top it gives you a red bar which works through the different download speeds, I think it tops out at 1800 KB (1.8MG).

We have just signed up for it and it’s great, it’s WAAAYYYY better than aything, the limiting factor is the camera’s breaking up through trees, not the image and it’s also more consistent, no silly adverts popping up. definately worth £2.99 a month especially as Mr MC loves motorbiking too.

Get home from work manage to catch last hour or so result!

brakes
    Free Member

the quality of the Eurosport TV channel through Virgin isn’t exactly great.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘is eurosport player better quality than the free options?’ is closed to new replies.