Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Is Driving A Land Rover A Feat of Endurance?
  • cyclepathologist
    Free Member

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/archive/2011/12/29/Latest+News+%28swa_news%29/9442911.Govilon_couple_s_epic_Land_Rover_trek_for_mountain_rescue/

I can see what they’re doing, obviously but how is that a worthy exercise for raising money? Walking barefoot to all the National Parks possibly (edit: no, still not impressed) but driving a Land Rover round the UK?

trail_rat
    Free Member

ok – use it as a media tool but to then say we need to raise the money for the fuel and supplies …. no

tbh it will take them donkeys as if thats the 2.25 engine it will do about 45/50 flat out and DRINK fuel

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Is Driving A Land Rover A Feat of Endurance?

Just sitting in one is.

Hateful things – How can something so large, be so cramped inside?

trail_rat
    Free Member

because you can stand in the engine bay while changing the oil …..

rusty90
    Free Member

By the time they’ve finished driving round the UK the heater might have started working.

scud
    Free Member

I’ve always had a fond place in my heart for Land Rovers, but would never use one for genuine expedition use, Toyota everytime (choice of African warlords everywhere), i always found it amazing that basic design faults have carried over from the very first 1950’s models to the most current Defender, cramped seating positon, terrible side windows + heating etc.

Woody
    Free Member

Mr Jarvis and Miss Byrne need to raise £1,000 for fuel and supplies.

My first thought was ” if you want to go on a driving holiday with your fiance, pay for your own bloody fuel and food”.
    My second thought was ” if you want to go on a driving holiday with your fiance, pay for your own bloody fuel and food”.

druidh
    Free Member

2,000 miles in 12 days???? You could cycle it quicker than that!

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Is he Matthew Corbetts twin or what (for the younger ones -sooty and sweeps Human presenter)

anybody else see it?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Whit? They say that they are inspired by an expedition that drove UK to Singapore. How does that equate to having a jolly round the UK for a couple of weeks?

cranberry
    Free Member

To answer the original question – yes.

But getting a sponsored holiday is a right royal wee-wee take.

thepurist

Hmm – I knew a couple who decided they wanted to do a big international off road driving expedition. They were planning it for about 2 years and got a Landcruiser and started kitting it out, buying stuff themselves etc. Then about 6-9 months before they went they suddenly got all ‘Charity conscious’ and decided it was a trip for charity.

Because it was for Charity they immediately started sponging off getting donations of shiny new kit from various suppliers (rather than buying it), then even decided that everyone going to their ‘Bon Voyage’ party should hand over a tenner at the door. I think they ended up spending 1 or 2 afternoons of their 3 month trip doing visits to centres run by their chosen Charity. Oh, and they even got invites to dinner/spend the night at various embassies and diplomatic offices because of their ‘Charity’ status.

So yes, a sponsored holiday is taking the mick big time.

cyclepathologist
    Free Member

Hahahaha! I shouldn’t laugh but I’ve just looked at their Just Giving page 🙂
    The fundraising is going about as quick as the vehicle.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Is Driving A Land Rover A Feat of Endurance?’ is closed to new replies.