Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Is drinking coffee from a french press unhealthy?
  • juiced
    Free Member

Recently been using a french press and have just discovered they are possibly unhealthy.

Any views?

deft
    Free Member

Considering what I'm drinking right now, could you share why they are possibly unhealthy?

Keva
    Free Member

from Wiki…

The French press is a filterless brewing method; some compounds in unfiltered coffee are thought to lead to an increase in cholesterol.[3]

well well, ya learns somefink everyday.

K

juiced
    Free Member

yep. no filter present. Increase in cholesterol. Not really sure of the extent of this though. Deft just been enjoying one myself 😆

Keva
    Free Member

we use one of these to make our coffee… it's called a Cona !

Kev

grumm
    Free Member

My dad uses one of these

Makes VERY strong coffee – nice though.

iDave
    Free Member

"some compounds in unfiltered coffee are thought to lead to….."

doesn't mean that "compounds in unfiltered coffee lead to…."

It could mean that 2% of the compounds might lead to a rise on cholesterol, but we're not sure really

juiced
    Free Member

yeah, haven't really done my research there. Just been reading a little about it now. Apologies if i came over as alarmist.

Nico
    Free Member

Is a "French press" a cafetiere?

tomzo
    Free Member

yessss

juiced
    Free Member

yes.

allthepies
    Free Member

<sigh>

jamesfifield

I wouldn't worry too much: I drink mine from a french press most of the time (and a lot of it too), and my cholesterol hovers around 3 even with medication that should raise it and a family history of heart disease.
    Like all these things: take it with a pinch of salt (no pun intended)!

eldridge
    Free Member

People who call a cafetiere a "French press" probably call a condom a "French letter", refer to chips as "French fries", call throwing a sickie "taking French leave" and call Peugeot cars "pugs"

nostoc
    Free Member

the cafetiere is actually a Welsh invention
    (FACT)

MrNutt
    Free Member

shakes head, rolls eyes and fires up the gaggia whilst chucking the burr grinder on.

tomzo
    Free Member

I looked on wikipedia and it said its a FRENCH INVENTION. SO FACT

nickc

I cal it a french press, no idea why, they used to be called that before Cafetierie became popular, don't call any of those other things though. Why does it worry you?

Not bothered either way about the cholesterol thing…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Is drinking coffee from a french press unhealthy?’ is closed to new replies.