Viewing 41 post (of 41 total)
  • Is ceramic lube really that good?
  • stevextc
    Free Member

Ideally, you can simply re-apply as it doesn’t get gritty and need cleaning. Saves time. If you just re-apply wet oily lube you end up with a hell of a mess before long.

Does it actually repel the mud or break it down???
    I guess anything Teflon could provide non-stick surface ??

Reason I ask is because some mud (like Swinley) doesn’t need oil to stick… big globs will stick to the down tube as well as chain… and if these contain sand (like Swinley) then I feel a need to really clean it anyway.

That said I haven’t actually tried dry lube off-road (use it for indoor on the turbo) … if it actually prevented mud sticking that would be a bonus…

Thing is though that last weekend for instance I could have used dry lube…. except the weekend before the bike was full of mud, washed and then re-lubed the chain anyway… and riding elsewhere last weekend we didn’t have sticky mud but neither is the chain dirty even with 3-in-1 though it would be filthy if for some reason I’d had wet lube on.

Rather boringly I’m actually a professional “mud expert” …. (well clay minerals/chemistry) so I’m aware of lots of mud types and properties that would bore most people to death…

Viewing 41 post (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Is ceramic lube really that good?’ is closed to new replies.