Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Is carron valley the best trails for my cross bike in central scotland?
  • epo-aholic
    Free Member

well, is it? 😕

DickBarton

It's certainly very CX-able but it's also been reported as rather bumpy on it. There were a couple of events held there and one was a CX race – vast majority of racers used CX bikes and there were a few complaining about it being too rough for the bike (I figured after seeing the stuff that used to be done on CX bikes that they were rather soft BUT they would certainly have been rattled about a bit!), some had punctures but most were done on Kelpies Staircase (which has now changed so can be done puncture free).

I don't know about the best trail centre but it's certainly more than doable on a CX bike…

dmiller
    Free Member

I have done it on the tricross a few times, its kinda dull now since they worked on kelpies. Very easily do-able. Drop bars are good fun off road, and cannon ball run does feel really swoopy and fun if you slam it as fast as you can on the drops! The surface is a bit rough but you are offroad, if you wanted flat would not just do a road race? 😉

epo-aholic
    Free Member

Cheers guys, lovely day today (blowing a gale, pissing with rain and 6 degrees) so i think i'll head up there for a few laps.

😛

StirlingCrispin

You can ride CV on a CX bike but I wouldn't say it's the best trail for it.

Glen Ample, Artney, Finglas will all knock CV into a cocked hat.

CB
    (Former RSF member)

epo-aholic
    Free Member

Hey Crispy………

Glen Ample, Artney, Finglas – where are these places?

RSF – erm whats that?

Ended up going to CV and managed 3 and a bit laps before i snapped (another) chain and had to come home. As you say certainly not ideal for a CX bike but fun nonetheless!

cheers

trail_rat
    Free Member

hmmmm epo – another chain …. on another bike – i presume unless you woz racing your CX bike at kirroughtree

has to be mashing em in that case !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Is carron valley the best trails for my cross bike in central scotland?’ is closed to new replies.