Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Is Britain Sick?
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Fecked or whatever else it has been described as lately?

I think it has a Tory Cancer and needs a Cameronectomy pronto.

camo16
    Free Member

Britain was broken, now it’s just sick.

Sounds to me like things are improving.

In two years, the Cam Man will tell us our country has a bit of a sniffle.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Quit moaning Britain (broken or not) is still better than 99.9% of the rest of the world.

BlobOnAStick

….yeah it’s well rad innit.

yossarian
    Free Member

Is Britain sick?

Is politics sick? yes
    Are the police sick? yes
    Are the finiancial institutions sick? yes
    Are the media sick? yes

the rest of us? pretty much ok i would say

joolsburger
    Free Member

Where would be better?

nedrapier

Sickter off the Richter!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

When I looked around the town I live in and I saw all the houses with ‘Vote Cameron’ posters in their windows, houses belonging to people with below average incomes, I knew not only that the Country was sick, not only that it was broken, but that for a considerable period… we were F******.

brooess
    Free Member

We’ve probably been better. But…
    It won’t get better by whinging about it or blaming a political party for the state of a nation.
    A few figures for you:
    1 Prime Minister
    305 Conservative MPs in the current parliament
    648 MPs
    61,838,154 = UK population

Who’s got the power on how we live our lives?

Get over it and do something yourself to make the situation better.
    Or go and live in Russia, China, N Korea, Syria or one of several hundred other countries where life is a lot lot worse than it is for us…

… and relax….

juan
    Free Member

yeap
    so is france and pretty much all the so called rich country. Diseases are called greed and selfishness.

boxfish
    Free Member

Britain is now sick to the power of rad, which I believe offically makes us gnarly.

druidh
    Free Member

Great Britain has passed its “Use By” date. We’re in that grey area when you’re not quite sure whether it’s still wholesome and good for you or has actually gone off and will make you ill. I’m still pretty convinced it will cease to exist in its current state within my lifetime.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Oh ok so now its all the Tories fault. Unless I am much mistaken, 2 years or so ago it was all Labours fault?

darrell
    Free Member

I’m quite happy in Norway

jonba
    Free Member

while I can’t say cameron is doing a great job, can you imagine clegg or milliband doing any better, I can’t.

See thread earlier in the week about party politics. Right wing and left wing parties as they stand are meaningless (lyrics to a song?) as they are becoming too similar in what they do, more interestedin winning votes than actually doing anything. Also while I support some Tory ideas, it doesn’t mean that I’m against everything Labour does just on principle.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m not saying it’s either parties fault… just that if you can see people voting for a party that will never have that individuals interests at heart, you know you’ve got problems.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Well, I’ve got a bit of a cold brewing.

DaRC_L

Oh ok so now its all the Tories fault. Unless I am much mistaken, 2 years or so ago it was all Labours fault?

No no no it was always the governments fault never the people who voted them in….

I_Ache
    Free Member

The Southern Yeti – Member
    I’m not saying it’s either parties fault… just that if you can see people voting for a party that will never have that individuals interests at heart, you know you’ve got problems.

The only way to get around that is to not vote.

julianwilson
    Free Member

The only way to get around that is to not vote.

…we missed a huge opportunity voting ‘no’ to AV imo. Blue and red parties would have had to work much harder for their votes, (but not as hard as purple!), and there were and of course still are other colour parties available too.

I_Ache
    Free Member

But you would still be voting for people who don’t care for you. That is unless you have relatives that are prospective MPs.

kimbers

most popular tv show:
    x-factor
    most popular (ex)paper:
    news of the world:

either thick or sick, im not sure

mushrooms
    Free Member

Brutalized by scum journalists/media?

fattatlasses
    Free Member

Sick and broken Britain – it was all predicted on BrassEye (how similar is current media coverage 😆 )

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6146157914651733615#

fattatlasses
    Free Member

OOPS! Nah, this is the sick Britain episode – from about 1:55 in – the termoralemometer 😆

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7aroa3izuk&feature=related

ratswithwings
    Free Member

Good and bad everywhere but with the Peaks on my doorstep I’m happy!

smell_it
    Free Member

Throughout recent history we have constantly sought a golden age where life was better and we all lived by good wholesome British values, but this time has never existed with each generation referring it back to their childhood or about 20 years ago. We have always also tried link deviant behaviour to foreigners. Truth is Cameron just needs a folkdevil for us all to be scared of, it will hopefully distract us from the fact he is shafting us.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

the golden age shit has been going on for a long time, i blame William Gaskell (some famous writers loser husband) he started this bull shit

busydog
    Free Member

The politicians in the UK don’t sound much different than ours in the USA. Whichever party, they are far more concerned about getting re-elected than they are about actually doing something positive.
    They seem to pretty much disregard what their constituency wants–they say/do whatever it takes to get re-elected, then go on about their merry way, hosing the country.
    Media there don’t sound much different either–most effective at driving fear.

CaptJon
    Free Member

The world’s biggest stock markets are looking pretty poorly today. More and more people are talking about the chance of a second credit crunch and double dip recession.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Is Britain Sick?’ is closed to new replies.