Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Is BP British?
  • MSP

Is BP actually a British company, obviously it has “British“ in its name, but where does it pay tax.

Edric64
    Free Member

I thought the Dutch were involved in BP as well

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Yep they are British,

Shell have Dutch conections

Carpediem
    Free Member

epicyclo

I think its origins were in Queensland Australia (Mt Morgan). It's come a long way since then.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Yes, the world HO is in Docklands I believe, where the chairman resides, one of my pals worked there up until recently. Much to his dismay (being at the Docklands HO had lots of perks to take advantage of), his dept has now been moved to somewhere else in London.

Inbred456
    Free Member

I think BP is now called Beyond Petroleum. Catchy Eh!

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Yes I was surprised by this oil leak – their latest logo suggests it's just a sideline to the main business of growing pretty flowers

samuri
    Free Member

According to the man on the radio, something like 7% of all British pensions are invested in BP, that's a lot. This oil leak could have major implications far beyond the obvious.

tinribz
    Free Member

While the HQ might be British didn't they get alot bigger relatively recently by just mopping up loads of smaller oil outfits? Meaning most of their operations are just remote foreign companies with a BP logo?

Zilog
    Free Member

BP was British but merged with Amoco many years ago.

redthunder
    Free Member

If it's on wikipeadia it must be true…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BP

badnewz
    Free Member

Has lots of non-British shareholders, but it's listed on the FTSE and registered in the UK. The UK government gets plenty of money by taxing its profits. So yes its British.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Is BP British?’ is closed to new replies.