Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • is being given 320 tramadol
  • mickmcd
    Free Member

a normal amount

my GP will only give me them 14 at a time

ElShalimo

You’re going to need a lot of laxatives for them

Onzadog
    Free Member

Think we used to get 120 at a time for the dog.

vickypea
    Free Member

It sounds like a ridiculous amount. It’s addictive and like all opioids, gets less effective with time.

scaredypants

320 – does the doc work for team Sky ?

it’s basically a cure

… for not being an axe-wielding manic
    As the Young Ones predicted

dannybgoode

Standard dose is 60 or 120mg. I was only on 120 after major bowel surgery.

leffeboy

Only if your travelling to Egypt to see your husband I believe

cranberry
    Free Member

Only if your travelling to Egypt to see your husband with your boyfriend I believe

+1

Obviously his back was so bad that he couldn’t even carry the tablets himself.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I suppose it depends how many you’re told to take.

I was given 50s after an accident but could take 2 at a time, so 100mg every 4 hours, but sometimes I took more which is supposedly dangerous but I was in stupid amounts of pain at the time.

You shouldn’t take more than 400mg a day, even at 1x 320mg a day I’d be off my face when that kicked in. I was on 2x 50mg Tramadol, 2x 30/500 co-codamol and diclofenic. Add a can of monster and two fags into the mix and I was smelling colours by breakfast.

3 months of that and the withdrawal was horrible though, like flu for weeks.

lank45
    Free Member

Used to take 7/8 a day of the 50s, three at a time in the morning and I was floating around! I was doing this for a while then went cold turkey, it’s horrible. Itchy skin, sweaty, head aches. Unless you’ve severe short term pain I’d not recommend it, long term it’s bloody addictive and the pain killing effects do start to wear off the longer you take them.

HughStew

Christmas bonus. Street value of…?
    Rather oddly when I was prescribed amitriptyline someone asked my wife if she could buy it from me!

scotroutes

She was given them by “a friend”, not a GP. 😐

perditus
    Free Member
    mickmcd
    Free Member

Think we used to get 120 at a time for the dog.

pharoah hound by any chance?

wonder if he will wait for her?

derek_starship
    Free Member

wonder if he will wait for her

by all accounts he’s got a couple of other ladies on the go.

She’ll be like a fresh copy of Razzle when she gets out.

dannybgoode

Mother on law has literally 1000’s. She’s been on an automatic repeat prescription for years and has stopped taking them so they’ve just been stockpiling.

Could make a killing on the open market.

taxi25
    Free Member

And if she had a friend who’d take them to Egypt……….

curto80
    Free Member

Didn’t know they were illegal there

But yet took hundreds with her, almost as if she knew you couldn’t get them there or something.

What would our gutter press make of someone coming here from Africa with loads of illegal drugs in their luggage…?

scotroutes

TBF “difficult to get” and “illegal” are separate issues. It probably wasn’t smart to take them but that doesn’t prove criminal intent.

allthegear
    Free Member

Very glad to read she was convicted. She was carrying opioids into the country, not for here own use and without any paperwork.

If she had arrived in the UK under similar circumstances, it would have been a very clear case of possession with intent to supply and the sentencing guidelines would have seen her sentenced pretty much on par with what she got in Egypt.

Tramadol has become a huge problem in Egypt recently.

Rachel

curto80
    Free Member

What has criminal intent got to do with it?

dhrider
    Free Member

When I broke my shoulder I think I was given about 60 at a time. In fairness it was simple to get more each time but I was never given massive amounts at once (i.e. 300 🙂 )

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Indeed. I don’t know about Egypt but here ignorance of the law is no defence.

scotroutes

Indeed, but if we start just jailing folk for stupidity this forum will be like a ghost town.

cornholio98
    Free Member

Well stupidity combined with a criminal activity. The first on its own does limited harm…

mickmcd
    Free Member

britain we dont jail people for serious crimes …

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Or you could join the prison service as a staff member, you get paid for that AND make £stacks on ya Trammies!
    No brainer.

midlifecrashes

Very telling to see it’s Rachel happy to see her banged up.

Competition in the marketplace, allthegear?

ninfan
    Free Member

Didn’t know they were illegal there

They’re illegal here too (without a prescription)

curto80
    Free Member

Frankly she’s got off lightly. The whole story is fishy.

jambalaya
    Free Member

^^ this, 3 years for her is a great result

jontykint
    Free Member

Mother on law has literally 1000’s. She’s been on an automatic repeat prescription for years and has stopped taking them so they’ve just been stockpiling.

That’s just irresponsible.
    Why doesn’t she cancel her prescription?

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Bringing 300 of any tablet into a country would get my spidey sense tingling. More to this story I think.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Very glad to read she was convicted.

Glad for who ?

derek_starship
    Free Member

She has done wrong but crikey, I can’t he!p feeling sorry for her. A bit. Three years loss of liberty is bad enough but the conditions she’ll exist in are abhorrent. Why didn’t she get a British boyfriend with a good back.

plop-pants
    Free Member

Your MIL needs to get reassessed by her doctor! This sort of thing is costing the NHS a lot of money. Just in my own town it is estimated £1m was wasted this way this year. I realise some doctors don’t get the time to do reassessments but that’s no reason not to do the responsible thing and request one.

CountZero

That’s a trick question, right?

lllnorrislll
    Free Member

Ignorance is no excuse, she got the tramadol a controlled drug only available on prescription from a ‘friend’, who had heard about her boyfriends back pain. So she acquired the Tramadol illegally in the UK and then took the tramadol to Egypt, where the medication is outlawed.

With a potential punishment of the death penalty, she got off lightly.

mogrim

Bringing 300 of any tablet into a country would get my spidey sense tingling. More to this story I think.

I really don’t think there is. She was smuggling drugs, and got caught. The only bit I’m not sure about is how much the government has intervened to get her sentence down.

Klunk
    Free Member

perhaps her boy friend had other issues ? 😯 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘is being given 320 tramadol’ is closed to new replies.