Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Is anyone out in Hertfordshire?
  • rocky-mountain
    Free Member

We ride every Sunday morning, 8 am onwards through digswell and its environs. we are a bunch of middle aged blokes, with a range of experience and age.

No one is out, except a few roadies and an occasional off roader ( well done to the guy riding near tewin on the uphill! thats fitness)

So where does everyone go? or is everyone parked up? If you do see us, say hi.

ononeorange

Was out yesterday in West Bucks. Unbelieveably wet and cold, got caught out with strings of punctures (farmers cutting hedges) so a late, dark trudge home (no lights). Wished I’d gone today instead but we’re off out today…..

chakaping
    Free Member

No wonder you don’t see anyone else if you’re out at 8am on Sunday!

I was out round Broxbourne in the snow Thurs night, was great fun but probably all sloppy again now it’s rained so much.

Had to sack today’s ride off for family duties.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jedi

i been riding in hertfordshire all day 🙂

forgotmename
    Free Member

Head out over hitchin and the hills towards barton, theres always groups of riders out there at weekends, normally friendly types too.

smiffkin

We ride over in south-west Herts, around Ashridge. Although more saturday afternoon, we are out on some Sunday mornings too and it’s pretty quiet there on a Sunday am too!!

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

hi,

we ride early so that our families get a fair deal; would be nice to ride later!

mind you an esprit de corps is present as we battle hangovers etc. some riders get better offers from their wives so bail out at the last minute!

whos riding the day after boxing day? we are working on a ride that day, perhpas with a pub/coffee crawl. any takers?

jedi

thats my birthday ride at herts shore and curry after 🙂

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

where is herts shore?

crotchrocket
    Free Member

Loads of riders out that way.
    Sillygrin.co.uk
    Ott ride out of Hemel

Do you have to be “out” to ride in your group or do you have straight riders too (married or without beards)?

sofatester
    Free Member

Been blasting round the frozen trails all week, Bramfield, Broxbourne, Mardley. Though took the road bike out this weekend as i really couldn’t be bothered with washing everything down now it’s thawed.

Where do you chaps roll out from?

jfeb
    Free Member

3 of us yesterday morning in Ashridge. Saw two walkers all morning. Perfect 😉

Bagstard
    Free Member

I’m from Watford, usually ride Aston hill, Woburn sands, Swinley, Whippendell woods. My three week old son is making riding pretty difficult at the moment, but hoping to get out a bit over christmas.

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

we are off at 8am from digswell

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

anyone game for the morning?
    s

djglover
    Free Member

From 8am onwards I will be in bed. at 9am I may pull on some pants and have a coffee. At 2pm I might go for a run, but more likely than not I will read the paper, have a few pints and then a roast.

HTH

jedi

i’ll be riding ladders in the snow 🙂

sofatester
    Free Member

Expected nothing less Jedi 😀

The singletrack in Broxbourne woods was pretty special today. Playing “can that large frozen puddle hold my weight” added to the amusement!

jfeb
    Free Member

Ashridge again tomorrow. 9.00ish.

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

went out , by myself; everyone had good excuses….

found the chain frozen and cleats solid with mud and ice( not cleaning after wednesday), so de icer and chain lube. seemed to work. though the spd’s soon turned to stumps. somehow clipped inish

route was digswell, welwyn north tunnels, woods, roman road to datchworth then bramfield, mardley hill, tewin and concrete mile path back.

may have to carry the de icer more often.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Is anyone out in Hertfordshire?’ is closed to new replies.