Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Is anyone in Morzine right now?
  • sharkattack

I’m coming out on Monday.

Does anyone know if there will be a way to get to and from the events in Les Gets? I’ll be at Crankwork with my camera but no idea how I’ll get up and down from Morzine. Shuttle buses? Hitch hiking?

Also the weather forecast looks awful with rain and thunderstorms every day. I’m thinking mud tyres and waterproofs. Not sure why I’m mentioning this, unless anyone can arrange some sunshine.

So yeah, anyone know their way around or going to Crankworx?

jambalaya
    Free Member

If you have a bike you can cycle there, uphill but not too bad. At least its downhill on the way home.

They have taxis in France you know 😉

sharkattack

If you have a bike you can cycle there

Do you have an e-bike I can borrow? My camera bag is heavier than my bike.

I am genetically a tight arse. I didn’t even consider a taxi.

orangespyderman

Hitchhike. Fairly common practice in the mountains out of season (or it used to be) and that road is pretty busy so there’ll be loads of traffic.

I used to live in Val D’Isère (then Avoriaz) and I used to do it a lot. Even hitched down to the hospital in Bourg St Maurice to get my plaster taken off when I broke my arm.

nickjb
    Free Member

There’s a bus that runs all over. If you get a multipass it’s included (I think)

jambalaya
    Free Member

Why don’t you call the tourist office and ask about buses. On a cheekier note why didn’t you just stay in Les Gets ?

What @orange says is true, many resort workers don’t have cars so the ones that do are usually pretty generous at givig lifts.

sharkattack

I’m staying in Morzine as that’s where my very generous host is based. Given the amount of people around I’m sure I’ll find something. I just realised I’ve never went anywhere without a DH bike and a lift pass.

Is the weather as bad as it looks on Accuweather? Thunderstorms every day according to that.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Weather has been strange in Europe past month, huge amounts of rain, some snow at altitude and now its hot, humid and with thunderstorms. Its a cliche but its the mountains and you could get anything.

Also I use meteofrance for weather forecasts

sing1etrack

Is the Pleney lift not open early for Crankworx? Use that to get over to Les Gets then roll back down the road to Morz?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Is anyone in Morzine right now?’ is closed to new replies.