• This topic has 40 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by DeeW.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Is anyone else too excited about the new Renthal Lockons?
  • randomjeremy
    Free Member

This could be my holy grail grip, kevlar Renthal in a lockon! Am I desperately sad for being like a kid at Christmas?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Excited about some grips? Nope.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Are they that minging yellowy colour?

passtherizla
    Free Member

No… but then I don’t like lock ons…

chakaping
    Free Member

Get a grip man.

rocketman
    Free Member

Allegedly the grips can’t be detached from the lock rings so regrettably, I’m out

neilforrow

RJ – I am with you… I am a big fan of Renthal products. Cant wait to get a set of these.

godzilla
    Free Member

These have been coming out for ages, do Renthal have an eta?

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Mine are coming mid december, oh god I’m so excited, the kevlar standard grips were my absolute favourite apart from the fact they slipped constantly, even with grip glue. Tried ESI (too fragile), Ruffians, troy lees, everything in between but nothing compares to Renthal’s kevlar compound.

I am a grown man.

atlaz
    Free Member

They look dirty out of the box which will save me some time

traildog
    Free Member

Quite happy with my glued on Renthals and these aren’t as good. So no….

wrecker
    Free Member

patriotpro
    Free Member

What wrecker says and when are they out?

randomjeremy
    Free Member

preordered mine from mtb-direct, bloke on the phone said they had nearly sold their first allocation already…. Should be here mid december.

chakaping
    Free Member

What was the problem with the non-lock-on version, just out of interest?

I use slide-on grips myself and they never ever come lose, but pop off easy with a squirt of GT85.

I’d have thought if the Renthals do the same that all you Renthal fans would have realised lock-on grips are a bit pointless.

lungman

Always found my grips slipped on the DH bike even using renthal glue so really looking forward to these 🙂

Northwind

chakaping – Member

What was the problem with the non-lock-on version, just out of interest?

No problem- best non-lock-ons I’ve ever used tbh. But lock-ons do have some advantages, and some folks will only buy lock-ons.

I am unexcited, personally.

julianwilson
    Free Member

This thread badly needs GW and his rad tales of wrenching grips off with his power-man-steering-deathgrip and manly calluses. Whatever happened to him?

Kryton57

Quick – which compound do I need?

jackal
    Free Member

What, no flange….?!

😯

Northwind

Kryton57 – Member

Quick – which compound do I need?

Kevlar, because it comes in the queasy skintone.

JCL
    Free Member

Chromag makes the nicest lock-ons.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Would have been interested to try them, but fed up of grips with a metal out collar.

Bored of bruised hands from hanging them over the end sof the grips.

New Raceface ones with no outer collar look good though 🙂

honourablegeorge

Hob Nob – Member
    Would have been interested to try them, but fed up of grips with a metal out collar.

Bored of bruised hands from hanging them over the end sof the grips.

Wider bars?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Makes no difference – I still do it even when I tried 800’s on my DH bike.

It’s quite common though, I thought I was a freak until I googled it. Just where my hands are comfortable…

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Not excited no, but I will be getting a pair. Renthal make excellent products.

wrecker
    Free Member

Chromag makes the nicest lock-ons.

Can’t even find them here. Nor the lovely new trailmaster Ltd saddles.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Wrecker the Chromag grips are all over eBay UK or try shorelines the importer .

benmotogp46
    Free Member

I’ll be getting a set of the kevlar lock-ons. I had the standard Kevlar grips but they would slide up the bar on each ride even with the Renthal glue applied.

I’ll also be getting a Fatbar Lite!

jackal
    Free Member

Glued and wired, my renthal grips didn’t move…
    Those with grips that are moving, have you tried wiring them on?

😀

bwaarp
    Free Member

Yeah, does no one here actually wire their grips like MXers do?

Joe

You can’t be applying enough glue. You don’t need any wire…just some glue. It’s not really rocket science and if your grips rotate slighhhhtly over time…its not the end of the world.

wrecker
    Free Member

Wrecker the Chromag grips are all over eBay UK or try shorelines the importer .

You’d think they’d bother to put them on their website. Will check ebay though thanks

Northwind

Mine don’t move at all, but then easton bars are covered in graphics so that maybe gives them a wee bit of extra grip, or something. I think maybe some people twist the grips more than others or something?

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I got some last week, as soon as they came out. They arrived at the shop at 4pm and I’d bought a set by 7. They seem as good as they’re meant to be. I’d been waiting for these to come out for ages.

muckytee
    Free Member

Want! I love the yellowish colour, reminds me of Dr martens.

I need to ride my bike more, my current grips aren’t dead yet.

Mugboo

If your not using lock ons then you aren’t changing bars or bikes often enough. 685mm to 760mm, back to 710mm, thinking that 730 might be good… 🙂

And I agree with the dude who says no matter how wide his bars he still grips the outer collars. I’m trying to train myself not to.

patriotpro
    Free Member

This thread badly needs GW and his rad tales of wrenching grips off with his power-man-steering-deathgrip and manly calluses. Whatever happened to him?

I imagine he got bored of the uber-sensitive and inconsistent forum-policing.

Kryton57

Looks like I’m getting a pair for Christmas but sshhhh – its a suprise.

Looking forward to them. My BMX team have been using the non-locking Renthal grips for a few seasons now and rate them highly. I didn’t use them because I only use lock-ons.

Lock-on grips make way more sense than glue on grips (unless you never get your grips/bars wet).

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Is anyone else too excited about the new Renthal Lockons?’ is closed to new replies.