Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Is anyone else as excited as me about Fort Bill WC- Have I gone bonkers???
  • rep341
    Free Member

I mean I am father of tw0-nearly 40 – yet I am soooo looking forward to this weekend!

Am I bonkers?

darrell
    Free Member

yes

what are you talking about by the way?

supinerider
    Free Member

not since "free"caster decided to start charging.

not a great idea when the sport is still growing IMHO.

rep341
    Free Member

😆

alexxx
    Free Member

YEAAA BOIIII Were rocking up in convoy from Cumbria and its going to be a damn good if not extremely heavy weekend! cannot wait, I just bought a hammock and im all ready to set!

rep341
    Free Member

hAMMOCK NICE WORK!

kimbers

i think i read on dirt that freecaster is free again!

http://dirt.mpora.com/news/freecaster-free-view.html

rep341
    Free Member

yes it is

I sincerely hope that eurosport has got in touch with Fabien Barel to do the commentary as David Duffield or whoever does it is TERRIBLE! They havent got a clue!! I wish they wouldnt even show the race if the commentary does not get better!

rep341
    Free Member

The question is
    Take car to get spot on site – but no beer 🙁
    or
    Queue for ages in the hope of a bus – BUT have BEER!

AND HAVE A REPEAT OF THIS- it was ACE!

Jamesy
    Free Member

wasn't it on BBC last year ? shocking coverage tho as half the action was missed due to the lack of cameras on the course which ruined it for me , are they showing it again this year ?

craig1975
    Free Member

Yep cannie wait…. not long to go now 😀

sambob
    Free Member

rep314, get an earlier bus. we got the first one a few years ago and there was only us two on it all the way.

Brycey
    Free Member

Same here, cannot bloody wait! Should be a very strong showing from the Brits, many of the younger riders are on cracking form just now. Atmosphere will be electric.

Those of you moaning about the coverage, load your grottiest tent, cheapest burgers and warmest beer in to your car, point it north and drive (assuming you don't live in Inverness).

Bring on the camping, booze and midgies!

.duncan
    Free Member

i would be.. if i could go and didn't have exams! exams have stopped me going the past two years in a row 🙁

tandemwarriors

just to put a wee dampener on it, the Argyll midges have picked today to wake up from their winter slumbers and come out for dinner, so am sure their more northerly brothers will be hungry and ready to drink your blood too.
    Make sure you pack the skin-so-soft, midge nets, anti-hystamine tablets, and lots of alcohol so you're too trolleyed to notice the biting little buggers!

Rob

Brycey
    Free Member

Rob
    We don't need your negativity! The sun will be shining, and the euphoric buzz of victory (booze) will keep them away! You heading up?
    Robert

tandemwarriors

Sorry buddy, just got eaten while washing the car! Obviously the problem was I was sober, need alcohol to solve the problem 😀
    Hoping to make it up at some point over the weekend. Last year we did Friday, which was great as it was
    a) free
    and
    b)interesting to watch the riders walking sections and talking lines.

Cheers,
    Happy and positive Rob

mustard
    Free Member

Freecaster is free again – it wasn't really their fault they were charging, they couldn't afford not to – and Warner is back from the FMX to commentate 8)
    I'm going to decide on Saturday morning if I'm going up and will wild camp or sleep in the motor after consuming vast quantities of crap larger at the Nevis Range followed by good beer at the Grog and Gruel 😛
    Oh, and I've decided that this year I'll just ignore the midges – maybe!

Northwind

I'm well excited about Fort William, going there in 3 weeks to ride my own bike. Not sure why I'd go there to watch someone else do it, especially since they'll be better than me, the cads :mrgreen:

Coyote
    Free Member

It was the World Champs that was on TV, not the World Cup.

Jamesy
    Free Member

doh ! cheers for clearing that up coyote will check out freecaster

Brycey
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    I'm well excited about Fort William, going there in 3 weeks to ride my own bike. Not sure why I'd go there to watch someone else do it, especially since they'll be better than me, the cads

Errr, cause the town goes bike daft for a few days, they are the worlds best, there's a cracking atmosphere and you might even pick up a tip or two (unless you're already sub 5 minute?)?

Diane
    Free Member

Me too – can't wait!!

Rep – leave your car in town and bike up the hill – there's a secure bike park run by Alpine – just take a lock – then you get to miss all the queues AND wizz back down waving at all the people stuck in their cars! 🙂

Brycey
    Free Member

Didn't know that Diane, very handy, cheers! When you say secure is it manned do you know?

tandemwarriors

Robert,

leave your car in town and bike up the hill –

thats what McNee did last year, he'll tell you all about it too.

Rob

Diane
    Free Member

Brycey – yes it is

robido

rep341 if your bonkers i dont know what i am at 56. been every year wont miss it. traveling up tommorow. come on peaty

jemima
    Free Member

I've been every year since the start and its still a great weekend out which I am looking forward to.

Seconding Diane – the best way is to cycle back and forth to the track. The bike park wasn't manned last year if I remember rightly but didn't seem to be any issues.

falkirk-mark

Plenty of trees to lock the pub bike to

enduro-aid
    Free Member

going to be using the shuttle buses, they worked pretty well for us last year as we hung around after the race and drank in the beer tent, also got cheap pizza if i remember right from the wee van at the back of the grandstand

does anyone know if they are doing the "party in the fort" demo thing again this year?

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

Working this year unfortunately 🙁
    Had the VIP wristband last year which was nice.
    The shuttle buses worked really well last year I thought. Granted there was a very long wait at the end but to be honest I was in no rush to leave.

rep341
    Free Member

VIP wristband??- intrigued- what did that get you then?

BoardinBob

Any excuse to post this video

Northwind

"and you might even pick up a tip or two (unless you're already sub 5 minute?)?"

I don't think I want to learn how to do that tbh :mrgreen:

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Yep gonna whizz up there on Friday evening,camping at the worst campsite in scotland (Midge heaven red squirrel Glencoe!!)but sinkin a few beers in the Clachaig (best pub) later on. 😛

Breakfast at Morrisons and might take the bikes up to the site this year,weathers lookin good too. 😉

coastkid
    Free Member

rep341 – Member

The question is
    Take car to get spot on site – but no beer
    or
    Queue for ages in the hope of a bus – BUT have BEER!

or could take the bikes…were ridin in from nevis campsite and using the secure bike parking there again…and taking the hip flasks 😉
    cars full of booze so come over say hi if at nevis campsite,our usual spot is in the camp field NW of the toliet/shower block, forcast is a scorcher too 😮

rep341
    Free Member

Coastkid – nice one!
    We are heading up today- big Vaude 6 man tent and Red Skoda VRS
    We will be at Nevis too, only 2 for now with another 2 arriving Sat.
    Will look out for you
    Dont think we will take bikes though- I am liable to lose my lapierre (oh and it has no resr shock at mo till CCDB turns up :()

enduro-aid
    Free Member

always thought about taking the bikes but was more worried about leaving them in the campsite on the saturday night than leaving them at the hill

Also staying at the nevis site, got a pitch reserved but dont know where it is, red mini with a red tent next to it, say hi

cullen-bay
    Free Member

Those of you moaning about the coverage, load your grottiest tent, cheapest burgers and warmest beer in to your car, point it north and drive (assuming you don't live in Inverness).

oi… north of inverness too…. 8) Anyway, I would be going but im racing instead. 8)

rep341
    Free Member

Racing???
    I know Scottish BMX Race is on- cullen-bay – where u racing? Fort BILl???

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Is anyone else as excited as me about Fort Bill WC- Have I gone bonkers???’ is closed to new replies.